The Closed Eye (DM: Halford, Judge: garyh)

covaithe

Explorer
Arnest shakes his head. "No," he says emphatically. "You have my word that I will pay you when the job is done. I have never given you reason to doubt my word. On the other hand, I have every reason to believe that without threats or bribes, preferably both, you and your comrades will turn on me as soon as it suits your temporary convenience. I'll pay you after, or not at all."

Dunamin

First Post
"Good job, Woe. I'm glad you decided to keep him around. Now, let's see...," Palindrome says, putting his hand on his chin, "You've received 125 gold pieces so far. If ***** here pays the group the 400 gold pieces promised to protect him, that's an additional 100 gp for you. (Though I notice he didn't show up with that particular bag of cash.) So, has this been worth 225 gold pieces? Just to be clear, by 'this', I mean the whole death threat thing and an enemy showing up with reinforcements."

“Yes, Whiny Wizard, yes it has been worth securing a job for which our employer saves us the effort of meeting up, parading with expendable punching bags for our potential target practice leisure.” Woe responds bluntly.

"Thanks!"
“You're welcome!”

Arnest shakes his head. "No," he says emphatically. "You have my word that I will pay you when the job is done. I have never given you reason to doubt my word. On the other hand, I have every reason to believe that without threats or bribes, preferably both, you and your comrades will turn on me as soon as it suits your temporary convenience. I'll pay you after, or not at all."

While the noble speaks, Woe makes throwing gestures at his head, as if practicing with his javelin.

“I don't give a troll's warty rear-end about your word, Arnest. I care about your gold, but then you should have figured that out by now.”

“Given our flawless track record in hunting you down and beating you into submission where the authorities, the Closed Eye cult, and your well-financed family have failed, I'm certainly willing to see this thing through and gamble confidence that we will claim our payment as well as the spoils.”

Woe gestures for the gate, growing eager to impale something.

“If you don't have useful information to provide us with before saving your pitiful sect, we should be on our way. Nobles and orcs in front.”

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Thread length]
OOC: Hey all, we've hit the neighborhood of maximum receommended thread length. Can we jump to a new thread soon?
I don't mind either way, though it may not be worth it since we're probably not too far off from the end of the adventure.

Out of curiosity, does a thread this long cause problems for the server?[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I seem to remember that the worst of the problems with long threads was before the server upgrade. But, eh, why not. Doesn't hurt us any to fork a new thread.

Remove ads