[OT] A year ago today (9/10/01)...

Goodsport

Explorer
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp ... after work, I headed to the nearest Blockbuster, rented The Siege on DVD (upon the recommendations of friends who've seen the movie), watched it that evening, and went to bed thinking that although the movie was pretty good, that something like what happened in the movie wasn't very likely to actually happen here in the U.S. anytime soon.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp :eek:

apsuman

First Post
Goodsport said:
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp ... after work, I headed to the nearest Blockbuster, rented The Siege on DVD (upon the recommendations of friends who've seen the movie), watched it that evening, and went to bed thinking that although the movie was pretty good, that something like what happened in the movie wasn't very likely to actually happen here in the U.S. anytime soon.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp :eek:

Ok, I gotta ask.

Something like what wasn't going to happen here?

My friends would not think of me as any sort of civil libertarian, but the military is not "imposing order" anywhere in the US that I know of.

g!

Renshai

First Post
I think he meant a major attack on American soil... not the creation of martial law in a major city. My opinion, of course.

Ren

Rashak Mani

First Post
Re: Re: [OT] A year ago today (9/10/01)...

apsuman said:

My friends would not think of me as any sort of civil libertarian, but the military is not "imposing order" anywhere in the US that I know of.
g!

I would love to comment/disagree/argue... but its against the messageboard rules...

Anyway... I think 11-9 or 9-11 got so much attention and is so memorable I completely forgot whatever I was doing the day before. (Was Sept 11th 2001 a Monday ?)

Goodsport

Explorer
Renshai said:
I think he meant a major attack on American soil... not the creation of martial law in a major city. My opinion, of course.

Ren

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp That's exactly what I meant - sorry about the confusion.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp If anything, I'm pleasantly surprised at how much less martial law actually resulted than what was depicted in the movie (see the movie to understand what I mean)! :)

-G

Rashak Mani

First Post
I saw the movie such a long time ago... what was the Attack itself ? Cant remember ... only remember Bruce Willis in the middle of an emergency always with a squeaky clean uniform.

Brian K. Moseley

First Post
Re: Re: Re: [OT] A year ago today (9/10/01)...

Rashak Mani said:

Anyway... I think 11-9 or 9-11 got so much attention and is so memorable I completely forgot whatever I was doing the day before. (Was Sept 11th 2001 a Monday ?)

It was a Tuesday.

September 10, 2001 was a Monday. It was, in fact, the day I reported in for my two-weeks' active duty reservist time.

Last edited:

Remove ads