Prison of the Firebringer - any tips [my players stay out, may contain spoilers.]

Olive

Explorer
Since I'm really busy at the moment, I don't have time to do any adventure prep, so I'm going to run something out of Dungeon.

I liked the look of the 'Prison of the Firebringer' adventure, and I was wondering if anyone had run it. I'm going to wack it into my homebrew, and I also would like any suggestions about hooks (which the adventure is distinctly lacking in).

The other thing is that I've got a party of 12th level players who seem to decimate anything I throw at them. It's 3 12th level, and one 11th, plus a 11th level cohort and a very young gold dragon. It's an adventure for a 13th level party, but I was thinking of leaving it as is. How deadly is the adventure as written?

Any advice much appreciated!

ltclnlbrain

First Post
My story hour is actually based on this adventure. It can give you a pretty detailed description of how my party went through it. You can find the link in my signature.

Hooks: I had the merchant leader of the trade coster whose wagons went missing hire the heroes to investigate their disappearance. You can also always have the party stumble upon the burnt wrecks of the wagons if you think they will follow up on it.

Deadliness Factor: High. The Flame Lords and the High Conflagration will give your party a run for their money, and if the adventurers are not careful and/or they decide to engage in combat with the Firebringer himself, you will be hard pressed to keep them from being wiped out. Enjoy. :)

If you have any other specific questions, I can help you out.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases