how do you calculate BAB, Initative, Fort, Reflex and Will?

MichaelH

First Post
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
touch is its (full AC) - (any armor or natural armor bonus)
And, since shields provide a "shield" bonus in 3.5 rather than an armor bonus, touch AC also does not include any shield bonus.

kirinke

First Post
my bad...
ok. what i really need is the touch/flatfooted calculation for a standard character.

i do have 3.5 players handbook and the dungeon master guide, but they aren't too clear on how to calculate it.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
kirinke said:
i do have 3.5 players handbook and the dungeon master guide, but they aren't too clear on how to calculate it.

3.5e PHB, page 141:
Your opponent's AC against a touch attack does not include any armor bonus, shield bonus, or natural armor bonus. His size modifier, Dexterity modifier, and deflection bonus (if any) all apply normally."

So, Touch AC is the character's normal AC with the armor, shield, and natural armor bonuses removed.

3.5e PHB, page 137:
"Flat Footed: ... You can't use your Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) while flat-footed. ... Barbarians and rogues have the uncanny dodge extraordinary ability, which allows them to avoid losing their Dexteriby bonus to AC due to being flat-footed."

So, your flat-footed AC is your normal AC without your dex bonus.

Last edited:

Particle_Man

Explorer
Umbran said:
3.5e PHB, page 141:
Your opponent's AC against a touch attack does not include any armor bonus, shield bonus, or natural armor bonus. His size modifier, Dexterity modifier, and deflection bonus (if any) all apply normally."

So, Touch AC is the character's normal AC with the armor, shield, and natural armor bonuses removed.

Note also that when you lose the armor and shield bonuses, you lose any enhancement bonuses to those bonuses. So if you have +3 Full Plate and suffer a touch attack, you lose the 8 armor class points that Full Plate normally provides and you lose the +3 magical bonus, since it is an enhancement bonus to that armor bonus. Thus you lose all 11 points of armor class given by +3 Full Plate.

What is really nasty is when you suffer a touch attack, AND you lose your dex bonus to AC, like when you are climbing down the inside of an inactive volcano and you are attacked by stirges. :(

Remove ads