Eberron to Fudge

Mark Causey

Explorer
First, I don't know if this is the correct forum to discuss this in; Moderators, please move the conversation if needed.

SpottyJungleCat said:
But I'm not sure how to address classes and templates within fate
I think that'd be pretty easy. Say you want to be a thief. You'd take the Aspect of Thief, and some skills along with it, say Move Silently and Hide. If you wanted a 'PrC', you'd take that as an Aspect. If you wanted a template's features, you'd use an Extra, giving it Aspects as necessary to describe it.

Does this make sense?

--Mark

Mark Causey

Explorer
One caveat before I begin; FATE really focuses on letting players choose which aspects are important to their character concept and which they want to have involved in the game. If I take a racial Aspect of Human, it's because I want that to be a focus (whether it's because I'm a minority, or that my Human-ness is a strong factor in my concept).

Okay, well, let's start with Races. If I wanted to define part of my character on race, I'd take the aspect of that race and then use it whenever it applied. The following examples are based off of the text for races in the PHB.

Human []
Used to express:
--Quickness to Master Specialized Tasks
--Varied in Talents
--Anything else agreed on by the player and GM as being a quality unique to humanity (e.g. Not Bound by Traditions, Tries Everything Once)

Gotta get back to work, but I'll be back to this discussion later.

--AtR

Remove ads