Ran the Adventure Path Finale - (Spoilers)

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
So I finished the advenure path the other night, and it was a memorable event. One that was the highest I've ever run a campaign and the highest my players have played.

The night started and the players levelled their characters from the previous session and bought stuff with the loot they gathered. Some of them had a considerable amount because they hadn't gone shopping the previous couple of mods. Jim (one of my players) was browsing the DMG and joked about (well mayby not) about getting a mirror of life trapping for his foyer, but he didn't have that much. He considered about getting an Iron Flask. They had known they were going to get the Big bad, and he joked they should get an Iron Flask and imprison him. He wound up NOT buying the flask in favor of something else, I forget what exactly.

Anyway.

The begin the mod and make their way into Skullrot and into Dark Myrakul's Study. Where the Devourer is let out of an IRON FLASK. One Analyze Dweomer later, the party has an Iron flask with the means and the will to use it "Oh we gotta try it now".

You can see where this is going, don't you.

They continue with the adventure, clear the top level and all they have left is the cage with Archedemus. Milly (the character with the somking eye template) breaks the chain the cage falls and breaks below where the other party members wait with the flask.

Milly's cohort says "get in the bottle"

I roll the d20 for his will save.

Everyone leans in...sorta like in "The Gamers".

Yup. I rolled a 1. We have a demon prince in a bottle.

An interesting end, don't you think?

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
MerricB said:
Somewhat fitting. :)

Woe betide the next person to open that flask, though!

Cheers!

According to the rules he has to serve them for an hour, and just before that hours up they can order him back into the flask!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Which Demon Prince are we talking about here? The one in inside the Flask "Onimanchis(sp" or Graz'zt the guy that imprisoned him in Hades?

If it's the former, it's most definately going to Graz'zt. The latter, either Demogorgon or Orcus.

Squire James

First Post
I don't imagine Adimarchus acting any differently when confined to the Flask than when confined by the Cage. I'd just continue the attacks/problems as if he were never released... in other words the PC's have NOT solved the problem!

Rauol_Duke

First Post
Squire James said:
I don't imagine Adimarchus acting any differently when confined to the Flask than when confined by the Cage. I'd just continue the attacks/problems as if he were never released... in other words the PC's have NOT solved the problem!

Agreed. If Adimarchus' insanity can be effective from within a cage devised by Graz'zt himself, then it can surely be as effective from within an Iron Flask.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases