• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Won a contest, help me spend my prize money

Stormborn

Explorer
Not to toot my own horn, but I won one of the World of Darkness Ghost Stories contests yesterday (found here:
http://www.white-wolf.com/index.php?line=news&articleid=66)

and am expecting my prize notification soon.

So if you had $50 to spend at the white-wolf.com store, what would you get?

I am leaning toward Complete Book of Eldritch Might, but I have 2 of the old 3.0 ones and don't know if the collection w/ updates is a good pick. Have also thought about Masque of the Red Death, but don't know if I would ever use it. Not really interested in PDFs, although I know thats a better value, just not worth it with this computer.

Any advice?

Stormborn said:
Not to toot my own horn, but I won one of the World of Darkness Ghost Stories contests yesterday (found here:
http://www.white-wolf.com/index.php?line=news&articleid=66)

and am expecting my prize notification soon.

So if you had $50 to spend at the white-wolf.com store, what would you get?

I am leaning toward Complete Book of Eldritch Might, but I have 2 of the old 3.0 ones and don't know if the collection w/ updates is a good pick. Have also thought about Masque of the Red Death, but don't know if I would ever use it. Not really interested in PDFs, although I know thats a better value, just not worth it with this computer.

Any advice?

Is 'Beyond Countless Doorways' an option? The print version of 'Book of Iron Might' is coming in December, too, if you don't want .PDFs.

Psion

Adventurer
I'd work on rounding out my Scarred Lands collection.

Or asking them why they don't have Alliance and Horde compendium in their catalog (for Warcraft.)

But if you don't follow series, you could do a lot worse that R&R: Excalibur or R&R: Olympus.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Stormborn said:
I am leaning toward Complete Book of Eldritch Might, but I have 2 of the old 3.0 ones and don't know if the collection w/ updates is a good pick.

I had all 3 of the originals (in PDF, admittedly) and having them all collected, in hardbound form, with all of the spells in one place, all of the feats in one place, etc is just great. I hated having to say "OK, I know that's from one of the Eldritch Might books...it's not in II...oh, no, it's in III..."

That said: Book of Iron Might is exceptional. So is Beyond Countless Doorways. If you haven't given Arcana Unearthed a try, I enjoy it greatly.

J

Remove ads