(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging]

GPEKO

First Post
With Devlin leading the way, the newly formed party of adventurers ride swiftly out of the northern gate of Orussus. It is early morning and the sun is shining brightly. During the first three hours of the journey on the road to Rivenblight, the group encounters plenty of people, farmers on wagons mostly, who are bringing the fruits of their labour to sell in Orussus.

The hours fly by and the sun is now high in the sky when the group passes in front of a small roadside inn. It appears this will be a pretty hot day and the adventurers are already starting to get tired and sweaty. There hasn't been any signs pointing the way to Apple Glade yet. The scent of roasted chicken coming from the inn makes some stomachs growl.

OOC: Patlin, Ironwolf has his psionic focus, eventhough Psionic Weapon seems really powerful to me. I think you're better off not using Vigor in order to keep that one power point.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
GPEKO said:
OOC: Patlin, Ironwolf has his psionic focus, eventhough Psionic Weapon seems really powerful to me. I think you're better off not using Vigor in order to keep that one power point.

OOC: I agree, Ironwolf fully intends to avoid any manifesting until he's second level. Psionic Weapon is fun, but in my experience in non pbp games not overpowered. Compared to weapon specialization, which adds 2 damage per hit, Psionic Weapon deals an average of 7 points per combat. Under the right circumstances, it can be used more often, but in my experience the right circumstances are difficult to arrange until at least level 6. And, of course, if you miss on your one big hit you're out of luck completely.

GPEKO

First Post
Patlin said:
OOC: I agree, Ironwolf fully intends to avoid any manifesting until he's second level. Psionic Weapon is fun, but in my experience in non pbp games not overpowered. Compared to weapon specialization, which adds 2 damage per hit, Psionic Weapon deals an average of 7 points per combat. Under the right circumstances, it can be used more often, but in my experience the right circumstances are difficult to arrange until at least level 6. And, of course, if you miss on your one big hit you're out of luck completely.
OOC: True, we'll see how it plays out. Like I said before, I don't have a lot of experience with psionics but I'm interested to see it 'in action'. :)

Patlin

Explorer
"I don't know much about horses, but these seem like they can use some rest. Speaking of which, we probably could too. Shall we stop at this inn?" He looks about, knowing that while an Inn ought to be friendly to travelers, there are always exceptions... and not quite trusting that no organized humanoid resistance to the investigation will occur.

ooc: Spot & Listen +4.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Let's stop for lunch. But not too long. The faster we get there, the better our chances for finding what happened. I hope there are some interesting people inside! Maybe some will have seen a hippogriff before!"

fuzzy

First Post
Rika will slow her horse down and turn to the party. So, should we stop at this in or keep on going. It's getting hot and we should probably stay out of the mid-day sun. Besides, that chicken smells very good.
She then turns her gaze back to the inn and examines it.

OOC: Spot and listen +2

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
Seeing the party slow behind them as they approach the inn, Devlin returns from his lead position and rejoins the group.

"So, we should probably stop here and see if anyone can give us more detailed directions to Apple Glade. I decent hot meal might not be a bad idea, either. It beats chewing trail rations while sitting in a saddle anyway."

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Sturm hrumphs at the thought of stopping.

"Ask directions, sure, 'n mebbe a quick bite if'n it's quick. But 'ere's a man out there what needs our help, with a wife at home what asked our 'elp, 'n if that ain't worth takin' a few meals atop these discomfortin' beasts fer ye, mebbe ye ought'n consider a more luxurin' line o' work."

Patlin

Explorer
"If we ride the horses to exhaustion, it will make the trip longer rather than shorter. I agree, we shouldn't stop for long, but stopping still seems a good idea. And who knows? We may learn something here that will help us locate Marion and Famel."

fuzzy

First Post
Yes, lets stop and grab a bite to eat. We might learn something useful. Rika dismounts her horse and waits for the others.

Remove ads