(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging] - Page 10





  1. #91
    OOC: oops, sorry Dungannon

    GPEKO: Should we just retcon it so Rika didn't try to follow him?

 

  • #92
    As the road bends slightly, Devlin moves behind the shadow of one of the few trees and dismounts his horse. He tells the others he has to check something and quickly slips into the long herbs on the side of the road. Rika moves to follow him but she can't see him anymore, he's already gone.

    Dungannon:
    Spoiler:
    Devlin moves with stealth toward the stranger. As he's getting closer, he sees that the stranger is a dark hair half-elf. This half-elf is armed with a short sword and a short bow, and wears a studded leather armor. He's riding a pretty slim horse carrying a few packs. The half-elf's eyes are fixed on Devlin's companions, further ahead on the road. As the rogue continues to move closer, he steps on a dry twig and freezes. It doesn't make that much noise but the stranger must have heard it since he turns his head in the general location of Devlin. The half-elf doesn't appear to have seen him, yet.

    OOC: hide roll: 14+5=19 (apparently successful), move silently roll: 10+5-2(dry herbs)=13 (failure), Devlin is about 50 ft. from the half-elf.


    Others:
    As the others wonder where Devlin could have gone to, Sturm's horse suddenly stands up on his hind legs, almost throwing its rider off [OOC: Sturm's ride check: 16 (success)]. The adventurers quickly see the source of its fright. A rather large snake is coiled on the road, near the horse's legs. It must have moved there while they were distracted by Devlin's sudden disappearance. It hisses, shows its fangs and seems about to strike!

    OOC: The snake is ‘small’ sized.
    Initiatives:
    Ironwolf 22
    Rika 19
    Planus 7
    Sturm 6

  • #93
    Planus leaps off his horse placing the reins in his teeth (dismount as free action, [dice] + 3 vs DC 15), but momentarily tangles his hands in the reins. He untangles himself (move eq action for failing dismount check) He then knocks an arrow, and fires at the snake.

    OOC:
    This assumes he can leap into a non-threatened square. I don't know if holding the reins in his teeth is a good idea, but neither does Planus so he decided to give it a try.

    +4 to hit, 1d8+1 damage

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by SlagMortar; Monday, 29th November, 2004 at 10:29 PM.
    Currently playing:
    Spoiler:

    Nars Blackbeard in the The Secret of Gem Hold
    Planus Anaid in the Siege in the Stonespike Mountains
    Beamer Glimmereye in The Scythe of Seto

    Other games:
    CB's Rod of Seven Parts: OOC; IC; Characters

  • #94
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Patlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,832
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Patlin
    Dropping the reins of the two horses (a free action), Ironwolf draws his falchion (a move action) and strikes at the snake (a standard action.) He will use his gathered mental energy to activate his psionic weapon feat.

    attack d20+3

    damage 2d4 + 2d6 + 4 damage.

    [dice]

    +3=16

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Patlin; Tuesday, 30th November, 2004 at 03:22 AM.
    PbP details Invisible Castle Dice Rolling LEW DM LEB DM
    LEW PCs: Ironwolf Banion Tor LEW PCs: Anvuss Rionus el'Aundair T'Ranis

    "Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

  • #95
    Where did that come from? Rika tries to jump from her horse as a free action[dice] +2 vs DC 15. She gets caught in the reins and gets down(a move action) and moves to be flanking with Ironwolf while drawing her rapier (a move action)

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by fuzzy; Tuesday, 30th November, 2004 at 05:54 PM.

  • #96
    Reacting quickly, Ironwolf strikes first at the snake. His concentration and psychic awareness allow him to see the weak points of the animal. Unfortunately, the snake deftly moves out of the way and Ironwolf can’t shift his attack quickly enough. He only manages to touch it weakly with his falchion. Rika drops down from the back of her horse but she isn’t quick enough to attack it before it tries to bite Sturm’s horse. Happily, the horse successfully avoids the dripping fangs.

    Like Rika, Planus dismounts his horse with some difficulty and draws his bow. He can’t manage to get a shot off just yet. [OOC: I don’t think Planus would be traveling with his bow in hand, so it’s a move action to draw it.]

    Combat notes: Sturm is up. Rika and Ironwolf are flanking the snake; Planus is 10 ft. away from it.
    Initiatives:
    Ironwolf 22
    Rika 19
    Snake 17
    Planus 7
    Sturm 6
    Unattended horses (low)
    Last edited by GPEKO; Wednesday, 1st December, 2004 at 01:41 PM. Reason: it's a falchion, not a scimitar

  • #97
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Patlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,832
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Patlin
    Ironwolf takes another swing at the slippery thing.

    attack d20+5 (includes +2 from flanking)
    damage 2d4 + 4 damage.

    [dice=20]1[/dice]
    PbP details Invisible Castle Dice Rolling LEW DM LEB DM
    LEW PCs: Ironwolf Banion Tor LEW PCs: Anvuss Rionus el'Aundair T'Ranis

    "Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

  • #98
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Patlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,832
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Patlin
    ooc: Did that backwards!

    [dice]

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    PbP details Invisible Castle Dice Rolling LEW DM LEB DM
    LEW PCs: Ironwolf Banion Tor LEW PCs: Anvuss Rionus el'Aundair T'Ranis

    "Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

  • #99
    Rika strikes at the snake with her rapier.

    attack with rapier: 1d20+8 (including flanking)
    [dice]+8=23

    damage: 1d6+1

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by fuzzy; Wednesday, 1st December, 2004 at 03:58 PM.

  • #100
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Dungannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    3,590
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Dungannon
    GPECKO:
    Spoiler:
    Fearing he's been noticed, Devlin slips off to the side of the path the half-elf appears to be taking toward him and quietly draws his rapier.

    ooc: sorry for the infrequent posting, I've been travelling for the holiday the past week & a half and have had intermittent internet access.
    Last edited by Dungannon; Wednesday, 1st December, 2004 at 09:34 PM.

    Devlin Magruder in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Lucien Rayes in Living ENWorld, semi-retired.
    Living Enworld DM for R1: Hired Hands and R2: Rats in a Maze

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. DM Screen Desires
      By Ghaerdon Fain in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2008, 05:07 AM
    2. Bane VS. Ash'lon II...Gnomeworks judging!
      By Phoenix8008 in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: Saturday, 13th November, 2004, 03:27 PM
    3. Sho-zu defeats Taralas! Thanks to Gnomeworks for judging!
      By Phoenix8008 in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Monday, 8th November, 2004, 04:32 AM
    4. Elemental Desires
      By andrew_kenrick in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Thursday, 29th July, 2004, 10:04 PM
    5. Replies: 0
      Last Post: Friday, 22nd August, 2003, 03:28 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •