Rebel Alliance: Freedom Fighters

Thanee

First Post
Lt. Lyss Arkess, SpyNet infiltrator

Taking a step back from the corner, Lyss turns to the others and informs them: “A whole bunch of imperials, about 10 meters away, commanders and stormtroopers - many of them strangely without helmets - has taken up position in a T-junction, exchanging blaster shots with someone else down to the right. Judging from the barrage of blaster fire, the other group seems to be rather large, too.”

“What do you think? Could those be the defectors? I doubt regular stormtroopers would be running around without their helmets.”

While thinking about it, Lyss tries to recall, if she has seen a familiar face from the pictures they had been given among the Imperials.

Turanil

First Post
Major Trual'Nuin - duros noble (3rd lvl)

You both (Lyss and Gorwooken) noticed that Trual'Nuin felt very uneasy, almost scared by the dangerous situation. Having to walk through sewage water apparently proved to be an unpleasant experience for the Duros noble. Now, with the blaster shooting heard ahead, it looks like his face paled. Alas, this is the first real adventure for the quiet administrative employee, and for a long moment he was totally unable to act and think as his rank would have him to. Nonetheless, Trual'Nuin clears his throat, and turns to Lyss:

- "Huh... Lyss, I suggest that you... ahem... change shape to take the appearance of one of those stormtroopers. Then just go there and try to see if the commanders look like the ones we are supposed to rescue. Ahem... We are waiting you here... hum... :heh:

Then, Trual'Nuin gets his blaster firmly in hand, looks the other way to not get caught by surprise, and waits nervously.

[OOC: Sorry for my long absence]
:heh:

Thanee

First Post

“That was my first thought, however an officer's uniform would be more suitable, as the stormtrooper armor is too bulky for me to mimic. My second thought was... If those are the defectors... what would they do, if an enemy closes in from the side, they probably know each other... Forgive my hesitation, but the conclusion of this thought certainly seems rather unpleasant.”

Turanil

First Post

- "Hum... we need to do something. I suggest for some fast talking. Well, I will go there, weapons down, and improvise some clever speech, okay?"

Then, Trual'Nuin gets his blaster back under his wide clothing and prepares to go forward.

- "I also suggest that you two wait hidden in the small room. If I get captured, just go on with another plan. Do we remember the passwords and names of the guys we must rescue?"

Trual'Nuin get a look at his datapad to recall the information...

- "If you have anything to say, tell me now, or I go there immediately. My plan is simply to tell them: Hello, I am the reinforcements you are waiting for... Then, depending on whom they are, I will continue my speech accordingly."

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post

“Don't go too far from the corner.”

Lyss shrugs. “Call me pessimistic... just trying to cover both possibilities. I'll be right here if things turn out ugly to get you back out. In that case... this should definitely be of use.”

With that, Lyss begins to shapechange into an imperial officer.

Turanil

First Post

- "Ah! Excellent idea Lyss, thanks!"

That said, Trual'Nuin composes himself, hands openly empty, then steadily walks into the room where are the imperials. Upon entering, he looks directly toward the officers, trying to see if he recognizes the defectors.

- "Hello there! Sorry to be late, but we've come as fast as we could..."

Trual'Nuin makes his best to look calm, and as if it's perfectly normal for him to be there. [OOC: with a Bluff check (+8); then a Spot check (+5) to see if there is one of the three imperials defectors in the group.]

Last edited:

Trual'Nuin:
Your voice causes almost all of the humans to jump, a few of them quickly turning and nearly firing on you. One of the helmet-less stormtroopers is suddenly pulled back by an officer, who growls something and ducks behind the cover again. After another short barrage of fire, the same officer pokes his head out to peer towards you, calling, "You know they don't usually let non-humans in here!"

The man's face does look familiar, though the distance makes it hard to tell exactly.

Turanil

First Post

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
"You know they don't usually let non-humans in here!"

- "True! But it's an exceptional circumstance for an unusual situation!"

Of course, Trual'Nuin has absolutely no idea what the guy is speaking about. He nonetheless closes in, to see if the imperial is one of the three defectors. If he is one of them, Trual'Nuin will tell the truth, otherwise will have to improvise fast. In any case Trual'Nuin strives to look serene and relaxed, as if he is there because indeed he was send to help.

- "So! How things are going now, and what are your suggestions for my intervention?"

[OOC: another Bluff check (+8) for that...]

Last edited:

The man risked a quick move across the crates to get closer to Trual'Nuin, eyeing the Duros carefully. His face was in fact, familiar, and one of the three images they'd been show in the short briefing before leaving the Roche Base. The officer spoke quietly a moment, saying something to one of the helmet-less stormtroopers next to him, who was still firing over the crates at the unseen attackers.

Turning back to face the Duros down the hall again, the man called out, "My name is Arik Kardon! This is a bit of tight situation so I'll get straight to the point. An non-human would have been shot before getting on this planet. That means you're either a bounty hunter that was in the area or our ticket out of here!"

Thanee

First Post

With all the blaster fire, Lyss cannot easily discern, what happens around the corner, so she dares to take a look, carefully hiding herself from view.

Remove ads