Patrick Aidan "Cashel" is home! (pics)

Tom Cashel

First Post
Born three months early, thriving (after early setbacks) during his 66 days in the neonatal intensive care unit at Georgetown University Hospital, my son has finally come home!

I don't get much sleep, or time to post, but I thought I'd put up a brag shot or three. That's him and me in the last one.

(Don't mind his oxygen tubes...he's receiving just a tiny bit to help out his very young lungs.)

That's my boy!! :D

Attachments

• IM000287.jpg
    IM000287.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IM000301.jpg
    IM000301.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IM000292.jpg
    IM000292.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 151

JoeBlank

Explorer
Congrats! Glad to hear he is home, I know that makes a big difference. My first son spent one night in the neonatal ICU, but that is nothing compared to those who deal with it for months. Best of luck to your family.

Crothian

First Post
Excellent news, hope he continues to do well. You're the second person from the boards I know that have had to go through this.

Tom Cashel

First Post
Thanks for the well-wishing, everyone! We are also extremely relieved...it's his fifth day home and he's doing just great.

Me, I'm like Ren Hoëk in "In the Army": "No bed...no sleep...NO NO NO...BED BED BED..." (maniacal laughter).

Not really, but it's funny to think about.

Teflon Billy said:
Congrats, he looks like he'll be a goalie. The league (when it gets going again) always needs goalies:)

Yes! He's such a tough little guy. If he decides he likes skating and hockey, we're all over that.

Can't wait to be able to watch some Rangers games with the lil' tyke.

Remove ads