Carrying Capacity Limit

sfedi

First Post
It's not clear to me in the RAW how much can you carry volume-wise.

And how the different places in which you put different items affect it's retrieval.

AFAIK:

-A weapon can be retrieved as a move action/combined with a move action if you have +1 BAB or Quick Drawed.
(how many places to have weapons you have?)
-A non-weapon item can only be retrieved as a move action
-A hidden weapon can be drawed as a standard action
-Something on a backpack can be retrieved in a move action. Although that's in the case you actually know where it is, if not, you have to find it. I'm not sure if a stored weapon can be retrieved as a free action with Quick Draw.

How many bows/two handed weapons can you carry?
How many one handed weapons can you carry?
How many daggers can you carry?
How many potions can be easily retrievable (i.e. not in the backpack)

And a long etcetera...

argo

First Post
Two words: Rule 0

Ok so thats a word and a number, you get the point. :p Questions like these are why we have DM's in the first place. Attempting to list the volume of every possible object and every concievable manner in which it could be carried is an impossible task. The players and DM have to make reasonable judgement calls about how many of what thing they can carry and how.

I will answer one of your questions though. If a weapon is stored inside a backpack or the like it should be treated as a stored item: Quick Draw does not apply.

One more thing to consider. A good solutioun would be that if an object is espically cumbersome the DM may increase its weight by 10% 50% or even 100% to represent the difficulty in carrying it (only for purposes of calculating encumbrance). Just something I thought of off the top of my head.

Hope that helps.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases