Adimarchus is the Devil

ltclnlbrain

First Post
One thing I forgot that really helped the party out: Nidrama has the ability to cast death ward at will. That, coupled with the mind blank, made all of the PCs immune to the most dangerous of Adimarchus' powers.

gfunk

First Post
ltclnlbrain said:
One thing I forgot that really helped the party out: Nidrama has the ability to cast death ward at will. That, coupled with the mind blank, made all of the PCs immune to the most dangerous of Adimarchus' powers.
Interesting that you say that. Our version of "Nidrama" could cast energy drain at will. You'll understand when you read the segment ;-)

Berandor

lunatic
gfunk said:
Interesting that you say that. Our version of "Nidrama" could cast energy drain at will. You'll understand when you read the segment ;-)
Now *that* is a spoiler. And a cool one at that!

JollyDoc

Explorer
ltclnlbrain said:

One other question...did you allow Adimarchus to use his summon ta'nari ability? When he used it in our game, I rolled randomly and he maxed out, summoning 4 glabrezus. Not particularly challenging to a group of 19th level characters, but a distraction nonetheless, especially when they start wailing on paralyzed party members ala blasphemy.

ltclnlbrain

First Post
I did not have Adimarchus use his summoning ability. It may have helped him out a bit, but the PCs likely would have prevailed in the end.

Dragovon

First Post
I'm playing in a game of this now...because someone else wanted to run it. Naturally I'm playing a stupid druid and not being much help...because I've actually run it twice. The first time I ran it...there were only two survivors out of 6 (plus cohorts and planar bindings and such). I didn't use Adimarchus' power to switch form the same though. Since it was a free action...I had him switch form every turn and gave both forms full round actions...so he was pretty horrifying. The second time I ran it...after the party beat the tree while avoiding all the cagerights...the cagerights left and hid to start over...and the party couldn't figure out how to follow them to finish the story...and I let it end there.

Remove ads