Any good programs for Graphical MUD's?

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I have been batting around the idea of coding my own MUD, but since most of my friends need the graphics rather than simply reading constant amounts of text I need a graphic-based MUD. I don't want anything fancy, just something that will allow me to build the system the way I want and looks half-assed decent. (Something like the old SNES Final Fantasy games would be OK.) Does anyone know of a program like this?

Thanks,
Kane

Aristotle

First Post
I can't really help, sorry. I'm just curious. Have you absolutely ruled out Neverwinter Nights? I've never used it, but heard you can put together modules using the supplied rules/art fairly easily once you've gotten the hang of it, and if you want to get into the code I think you can do that too (at least I've heard of 'mods'). I've also heard of big modules that mimic 'persistent worlds'. It's probably about the most user friendly/stable visual mud system on the market (but then again I don't know of any others).

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I've toyed around with NWN for a while. However, I'm just to the point that I want total control over the world I'm going to create from the races and classes to the monsters in its entirety.

NWN is pretty good and easy to use, though.

Kane

Remove ads