Judging Levels and EL etc...

sad_genius

First Post
Hi all;

Having looked over several of the old modules I have and the conversions (that used to be) available here at ENWorld, all of them tend to do "straight" conversions of the material, regardless of the level of the module or any changes in the toughness of the creatures; this means that a 2E module designated as "For character levels 3-6" is actually nowhere near suitable for 3.5 characters of the same level (Castle Amber would be expecting a 3-6 level party to take on 13th level NPCs all the time, the giants in G1-4 are super powerful in 3+E too).

Has anyone:

a) Made module conversions that modify the original to work for 3+E challenge ratings and treasure levels etc? I realise this must be dodgy in terms of the SKU thing, but maybe smaller sites have these?

b) Proposed a rule that makes a rough equivocation of 2E levels to 3E levels - i.e. a 6th level 2E adventure is roughly 10th lvl in 3E?

Thanks;

M

the Jester

Legend
The reason it's all straight conversions is WotC's legal policy, iirc.

That said, I've posted bunches of notes about my conversion of Return to the Tomb of Horrors, which I ran for pcs running into epic levels.

Remove ads