[Feb] Campaign reports

Crothian

First Post
THe first two sessions of the Amber company have gone by and I must say we are so in over our heads. We ventured out into the Underdark, and were realyl successful. We fought to beholders, meta gaming we all know they actually weren't beholders they were small and weak enough for first level characters to kill. But in game the characters have no idea, and my character is now known for taking out a beholder with a single thrown hammer.

Also, there was this thing with a wooden idol we were hired to get back. But the guy hiring us wanted us to steal it back, and we are good so we rufused. We then told some other people what we knew about the idol and they went and killed the guy who hired us. We think this other group is both good and pretty darn tough, but they were rude so I am trying to find them to pick a fight. Actually, my dwarf just wants to pick a fight with someone since he's been running into the most rude NPCs and it is starting to wear on him.

pogre

Legend
A very exciting time in the city of Zandyrium. The main bad guy of the campaign, Boethricus din Woad*, has been sweeping through the northern parts of the continent. Recently, a dwarven hold the PCs were trying to save fell and now the mighty armies of Boethricus have turned their attention to Zandyrium! Sendings from the PCs revealed a huge fleet of 200+ cogs are outside the city's harbors preparing for an assault. The PCs are debating how to best help defend the city.

Should be interesting session this Wednesday - possible mass combat, a siege, naval combat - What a fantastic mess!

*Boethricus din Woad is the campaign's main bad guy and he was designed right here on ENWorld! If someone with the search privilege could dig that thread up I would be most grateful. I need to get some painting done so I can re-up my cs account...

pogre

Legend
Crothian said:
We fought to beholders, meta gaming we all know they actually weren't beholders they were small and weak enough for first level characters to kill. But in game the characters have no idea, and my character is now known for taking out a beholder with a single thrown hammer.

Have you seen Shark Tale?

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
I've just started up a new Black Sheep Knights campaign in my FFT-inspired Ivalice setting. An overly large one with 8-12 players. :eek:

Nonetheless, the first session went well, as the PCs rode north to their first mission. Stalked by a wyvern on the way, they rather callously (but cleverly) staked out a chocobo and hid in the woods to lure the aerial menace down, then killed it with bows and guns. Only one character was stung, and he came through OK.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Just finished the second session of my new 1E Greyhawk game. I had initially planned to run them through U1: Secret of Saltmarsh, but have run them through some sidetreks to help the party gel.

The first session, they rescued one of Saltmarsh's female gentry from some raiding Kobolds. As these kidnappings were becoming more prominent, they decided to see if they could find the root of the problem. So they dressed up an elf and a halfling in drag and paraded them around the part of town where they abductions had been taking place. Sure enough, they were grabbed by a dozen Kobolds. The party tracked them through the woods to a small inlet where some pirates were waiting for the kobolds. The party attacked, slaying all but one of the pirates and driving off or killing all of the Kobolds. They also discovered an elf tied up in one of the boats belonging to the pirates. This Elf had been captured up river by some gnolls and turned over to the pirates.

The second session started with the party taking their prisoner back to Saltmarsh. The Mayor believes the Hold of the Sea Princes is behind the raids. The party set off up the river to see if they could ferret out the Gnolls. Eventually they did, killing to groups of them.

The idea of the campaign (currently at least) is to use parts of the U series modules to establish a link with the Slavers in the A series. When the party reaches a high enough level, they'll track the raider/slavers to the Wild Coast (or somewhere), and I'll run them through the A series, followed by the G and D series.

The Shaman

First Post
Netherworld (d20 Modern horror with my tabletop group - GM): Having rescued the niece of their dead patron, the intrepid heroes find themselves being followed by the necromancers and undead who kidnapped her in the first place - she is in the throes of an ancient alchemical experiment, the heroes want to find a cure, and the necromancers want her back to finish their "research." The adventurers spent our one and only game session this month in Berlin trying (unsuccessfully) to locate a physician to whom they were referred to examine the niece while simultaneously avoiding the necromancers' agents. Meanwhile, they received their first clues that a CD-ROM they recovered does not contain the cure for the girl's illness as they originally thought, though the exact nature of the data stored on the disc remains a mystery...

Wing and Sword (d20 Modern military play-by-post - GM): The legionnaires parachuted into the Atlas Mountains on the edge of the Sahara for a training exercise and found themselves confronted by a pair of insurgents. After killing one of the fellaghas and wounding then capturing the other, they realize that they are cut off from the unit with which they are supposed to rendezvous...

Angels and Angles (d20 Modern horror play-by-post - player): Special Agent Ricky Garces and his partner Artemis Trask get an assignment to investigate a murder involving a wannabe Hollywood starlet - as he prepares to begin the investigation, Ricky believes that the higher-ups in the Bureau would not send him on a routine homicide, so something else must be going on. As Ricky ponders and makes contact with the LAPD and the County Coroner for details, Artemis is looking to procure them a set of fast wheels from the motor pool...

Warlords of Pangea (3.5 D&D play-by-post - player): Blacktail, my lizardfolk shaman, is ready and waiting for his first adventure...

Behind-the-Scenes: I've finished prep for Africa Incognita which started out as a d20 Modern/Past campaign and turned into a M&M game instead - I'm not sure when this will get introduced to my tabletop group, as Netherworld is about to kick into high gear...(I'm so glad the heroes hung onto that CD-ROM...hehhehheh...)...and I don't think they'll be ready for a break just yet, so this will likely end up on the shelf for a bit.

I'm also working on one of two possible campaigns set in Central Asia: one near-Future, one middle-19th century. I have pretty extensive notes compiled for the first one, but I have this really cool idea for the second one...decisions, decisions...

Finally, I'm looking forward to Bobitron's Sidewinder: Recoiled PbP game.

Pants

First Post
In my Eberron campaign:
The group just got aboard the Lightning Rail in Krona Peak, but since they were so damn dirt poor, they had to get jobs on the train in order to get passage. The Bard signed on as an entertainer, the changeling rogue and the ex-pirate NPC signed on as guards, the NPC sorcerer signed on as a waiter, the shifter ranger signed on as a bellhop... sort of, and the human dragonmarked psion conned his way aboard the train as a 'master chef.' Entertaining roleplaying ensued until a band of Vol cultists attacked the train, attempting to take some secret cargo that House Tharashk had aboard.

Unbeknownst to them, an angent of the Dreaming Dark also sought something in the cargo and killed the Vol Cleric leading the attack before getting horribly slaughtered by the shifter ranger in 1 round! Pretty impressive, but still...

The lightning rail reached Vulyar safely and the group is preparing an overland trek to Vedykar to pick up the Lightning Rail there.

In the Semi-Scarred Lands World I play in:
The party just landed at the ancient capitol city of Granten, now a deserted ruin except for the hundreds upon hundreds of ratmen infesting the city. Our job was to find our way to the old library and get any information on Roneor (an upstart LN god who took over Heironeous's portfolio when Heironeous died), dragons (a dragon army is currently rampaging across the continent), and Heironeous.

We found some information and returned to the Last Paladin of Heironeous... Bruce (yes... Bruce). He said we'd need to go to the library again to find anymore and we decided that we'd need to deal with the ratmen problem if we were going to get anything done. We opted for diplomacy... which failed horribly since none of us spoke the language of the ratmen. A bloody fight ensued in which lots of ratmen died, before one of the albino ratmen leaders appeared and negotiations were attempted yet again.

The albinos said that we could have unrestricted access to the library and the palace IF we stole some strange crystal from one of the towers around the palace. We obliged and scoped the place out, only to find that SOMETHING horrible and undead lurked in there. We went in on the next night and found, much to our dismay, the legendary Betrayer of Granten (legend has it, one man betrayed the city of Granten to a besieging army by letting the army in to put the people to the sword), a very nasty Unhallowed Knight. We killed him (or so we thought) and took the crystal.

Little did we know that the crystal was the only thing holding the unhallowed within the tower AND that he wasn't quite dead. We turned the crystal over to the albinos and left. Later that night, SOMETHING horrible began slaughtering the ratmen. We listened from our camp in the docks as the sounds of hundreds of dying ratmen filled the evening sky. Hordes of ratmen rushed our encampment only to be ruthlessly cut down by our guards and archers.

Needless to say, the next day we got the hell out of there...

Americano

First Post
My group is nearing the end of Heart of Nightfang Spire. Three PC and one NPC deaths so far, but I've heavily modified the mod to make it less deadly for my (slightly) underpowered group.

I'm prepping the end fight against Gulthias, and my players should really consider using better tactics than they normally do (like, oh, I don't know, using at least one buff spell now and then) or the crazy vampire is going to kick them into the next session. I'm really sort of looking forward to that. :]

Remove ads