Describe your homebrew in one sentence.

Boojum

First Post
Shattered Skies: A world of steam-tech, aerial swashbuckling, and Lovecraftian horror; where the force of pure entropy from beyond the cosmos known as the Devourer has forced the remnants of civilization to flee the surface, raising landmasses into the air through arcane rituals; where the gods have been locked away in the center of the world, forcing mortals to turn to elementalism or ancestor-worship; and where recent advancements in the construction of airships and zeppelins have led to a burgeoning age of exploration and trade among the islands.

Chimera

First Post
Big world and I am not fixed in any one time period, so it depends on what I want to do.

Done "the rise of the bandit kingdoms", done "on the edge of a down and out kingdom that needs help", done "on the fringe of a kingdom facing a growing threat", done "world hopping adventurers".

My last one was "Human renegades and recently escaped slaves trying to build a human civilization in a wilderness 'neutral zone' between two powerful elder race empires."

My next campaign will take place 22 years after the last one left off.

Aethelstan

First Post
A banal and formless realm where people and places mysterious change names and a great seas and mountains change locations over night!

No, its not some Planescape variant. Our DM did zero prep work for his "campaign" (note quotation marks), can't remember the names of his own towns and NPCs and redraws the map of our home kingdom from his (weak) memory every session. What fun I'm having.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Two Words

Mythic Polynesia

or

"With paradise islands scattered like stars across the endless sea, the Lands of Hawaiki are a place of adventure, exploration and discovery, where neolithic tribesmen come face to face with savage spirits and unknown dangers - dive in to its coral lagoon, feel the mountain winds upon your cheeks and the warm golden sands beneath your feet - become one of The Legends of Hawaiki"

The Shaman

First Post
Lessee...

Netherworld, my tabletop d20 Modern campaign: "Behind the facades of the world we know lurk sinister forces of magic and science, set on a collision course with the adventurers caught standing between them."

Wing and Sword, my PbP d20 Modern campaign: "The paras of the French Foreign Legion battle FLN insurgents in 1956 Algeria, a war that will test their humanity as well as their skill at arms."

Africa Incognita, my tabletop Mutants and Masterminds campaign: "Explorers probe the heart of the mythic Dark Continent."

Tournament of Shadows, a d20 Past campaign I'm working on: "In 1870, across the trackless deserts, lonely steppes, and forbidding mountains of Central Asia, the empires of Russia and Great Britain wage a war of intrigue, diplomacy, and conquest."

Long Haul, a d20 Future campaign that's on the back-burner right now: "in the year 2018, the rush to develop the natural resources of Siberia and Central Asia moves into high gear, and truckers in high-tech rigs haul the goods and supplies necessary to move the wheels of commerce in a land become more like the Wild West than the Far East."

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Errant Prophecies: When divine beings usurp the power of prophecy and seek to wage their ancient war on mortal soil, humanity must cope with the consequences of their newly mutable destinies as the Fabric of Creation unravels.

Hollywood Style: The Elric Saga meets the Silmarillion according to H.P. Lovecraft, directed by Quentin Terantino.

Last edited:

deltadave

First Post
low magic fantasy game:
Dark Dreams: High adventure - fame and fortune await those brave enough to challenge the remnants of a darker time.

Cyberpunk/Cthulhupunk:
The future's so bright: Are you man enough to face the outer powers dragging mankind into a second dark age?

Ibram

First Post
My current campaing, an orental / sworda & sorcery style game:

"In a land where ancient empires rot amid timeless jungles, where daemons in mortal guise whisper in the ears of kings, a few bold individuals learn that you risk more then your life when you want to be the best."

Galethorn

First Post
The world: Outwardly, Yril is a world much like our own, with mountains, oceans, rivers, and forests; unlike Earth, the physical realm of Yril is intimately bound with a parallel realm of magic.
(yeah, really not very specific)

The Campaign*: The Four Kingdoms of the west—divided by wars and rivalries new and old—stand on the brink of war while a long-dead evil rises anew.
(yeah, also not very specific, but the intention is to evoke strong images rather than actually describe the setting's critical details)

So, here's what might appear on the back of a Yril Campaign Setting book: Yril is a world of rival kingdoms, ancient evils, and subtle magic, where heroes and villains decide the fate of all.

*the general circumstances in the 'Default Starting Era'

Remove ads