Maximum Perform?

Carpe DM

First Post
Folks:

I'm thinking of designing a stormsinger for a game. What is the maximum perform (sing) skill that folks can come up with? Feel free to use items, feats, and spells.

So far, I haven't come up with much, other than maxxing perform, and taking the Artist feat at first level (from PGtF).

best,

Carpe

shilsen

Adventurer
Carpe DM said:
Any idea which one that'd be, Crothian?
I'm assuming he was thinking of a custom item that gives a bonus to perform checks. According to the standard pricing rules, a competence bonus item would cost: Bonus squared x 100 gp. As for currently existing items in the DMG, a Circlet of Persuasion will give you a +3 to perform and all other Cha-based skills (that is a seriously underpriced item).

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Shards: These universal items are tiny fragments of cast-off crystal imprinted with minuscule bits of psionic power. Using a shard requires grasping it and projecting a command thought as a standard action (most shards telepathically whisper their command word into the minds of living creatures who handle them). A shard grants a temporary competence bonus on one specific skill, ranging from +1 to +10. The granted bonus lasts until the skill is used or 10 rounds pass, whichever comes first. Once its effect is activated, a shard disintegrates immediately, whether or not the bonus granted by the shard is eventually used.
Moderate psychometabolism; ML 7th; Craft Universal Item, creator must have ranks in the specified skill at least equal to the imprinted bonus; Price 10 gp (+1), 40 gp (+2), 90 gp (+3), 160 gp (+4), 250 gp (+5), 360 gp (+6), 490 gp (+7), 640 gp (+8), 810 gp (+9), or 1,000 gp (+10).

-Hyp.

Carpe DM

First Post
I suppose Wield Skill (now made deity-specific) also would help. But that would take levels in Cleric.

I'll look through Complete Adventurer as well -- although I recall seeing instruments, I didn't see one that had a perform (sing) bonus.

two

First Post
There is a goofy spell (bard spell) in Song & Silence that gives you something like 2xcaster level bonus to a skill or attack roll for a set period of time, I think it's 1 round/level.

So if you are a Bard12, you have a "floating" +24 bonus you could apply for the next 12 rounds. +15 on a perform check, +5 to attack, +4 on tumble. For example.

I seem to dimly remember cheesemasters using this spell, or an augmented epic version of this spell, to get an obscene bonus to skill checks for a period of time, to be used to add to spellcraft or something in order to make even more obscene epic spells. Details are vague; I never paid much attention to epic stuff myself.

likuidice

First Post
spell is called improvisation, it's in the back of the complete adventurer, gives you a pool of points equal to twice your caster level, that you can apply to rolls, up to a maximum of half your caster level. Bard 5.

Remove ads