Planet names of Settings

dungeon blaster

First Post
Here's two reasons why my homebrew world is a planet:

1) It's simply easier this way. I don't have to figure out how physics would work with a flat (or otherwise non-spherical) world and I don't want the gods to "will it so".

2) It makes the world more like our planet and therefore brings a certain level of realism to the world, which I feel helps the players suspend disbelief.

Simple as that.

fusangite

First Post
dungeon blaster said:
Here's two reasons why my homebrew world is a planet:

1) It's simply easier this way. I don't have to figure out how physics would work with a flat (or otherwise non-spherical) world and I don't want the gods to "will it so".

2) It makes the world more like our planet and therefore brings a certain level of realism to the world, which I feel helps the players suspend disbelief.

Simple as that.
I hope people aren't seeing my comments as critical of individual decisions to make game worlds planets. They were borne out of shock that the planet idea is so universal. I'm not saying people shouldn't set up their universe that way; I'm just expressing surprise at the universality of this practice.

MaxKaladin

First Post
I call my homebrew's planet "Caenum". How did I come up with that name. I looked "Dirt" up in an English/Latin dictionary and used the coolest sounding word that wasn't going to be recognizable.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Remathilis said:
Rokugan. Planet name?

As far as I know, it is never mentioned, nor is it mentioned whether it is a planet, or just a flat world. And it doesn't matter, either. Legend of the Five Rings takes place within Rokugan. The rest of the world is irrelevant (well, that's not 100% true - ask any Unicorn or Scorpion - but close enough).

Remove ads