Dry Erase Battle Mat

Darth K'Trava

First Post
dreaded_beast said:
I'm really thinking about investing in Tact-Tiles...I'm just a bit leery about ordering from the web site due to it's "unique" web design.

Has anyone ordered directly from the website, how long did it take for you to receive your shipment?

We've usually gotten them from cons. They are pretty good about letting a dealer sell their product for them if they can't make a con. That, in my book, is just plain kewl! :cool:

Felon

First Post
I ordered mine directly from the website about a year ago. They did take almost two weeks to arrive, but arrive they did.

I like my tactiles, but since everyone else is focusing on the positive, I'll try to balance things by pointing out some potential disappointments:

1) They are heavy and somewhat more brittle than I'd hoped. I could easily see one shattering in half if I dropped it.

2) They are too stain-resistant. Marks smear and rub off quite easily. It can be hard to get curves done properly, because a marker will slip and slide constantly.

3) As stated, they have to be stored with the foam-sheet separators to avoid being damaged. Not only will they scratch, but the lamination can peel and tear.

Brottor Dankil

First Post
Felon said:
I ordered mine directly from the website about a year ago. They did take almost two weeks to arrive, but arrive they did.

I like my tactiles, but since everyone else is focusing on the positive, I'll try to balance things by pointing out some potential disappointments:

1) They are heavy and somewhat more brittle than I'd hoped. I could easily see one shattering in half if I dropped it.

2) They are too stain-resistant. Marks smear and rub off quite easily. It can be hard to get curves done properly, because a marker will slip and slide constantly.

3) As stated, they have to be stored with the foam-sheet separators to avoid being damaged. Not only will they scratch, but the lamination can peel and tear.

They are made from High Impact plastic and won't break from a fall, but it might dent the corners. If you really put some effort into bending them they might snap, but more than likely they would bend and warp permanently.

The dry-erase surface is a coating rather than a laminate. It won't come up unless some plastic comes up too, which would take a lot of effort. I haven't had a problem drawing with a chisel tip marker. Though the bullet tip markers tend to get caught in the gap somewhat. ;)

IronWolf

blank
dreaded_beast said:
I'm really thinking about investing in Tact-Tiles...I'm just a bit leery about ordering from the web site due to it's "unique" web design.

Has anyone ordered directly from the website, how long did it take for you to receive your shipment?

I received mine as a Christmas gift from my parents. They ordered from the website and had no issues. In addition - due to some confusion my wife ordered me a set within a day or two of my folks, while Tact-Tiles are great at the time I didn't think I needed two sets. She was easily able to get the 2nd duplicate order cancelled and the PayPal fees refunded. The Tact-Tile folks were very prompt and friendly about the whole mix-up.

Remove ads