Yaun-Ti Anethema?

Patman21967

First Post
Where is this? Someone told me Fiend Folio, but my FLGS did not have it....I don't want to buy a 30 dollar book for 1 damn thing...can someone tell me what these are...My PC's are assaulting a YT temple. I picked up Serpent Kingdoms...If someone has the stats for these, I'll love you forever...in a platonic brotherly way.

Pat
patman21967@comcast.net

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
They are from the Fiend Folio.

50181.jpg

The Update Booklet gives it DR 15/good and magic.

Arkhandus

First Post
Yes it's in the Fiend Folio. A huge, 22-hit-die aberration, nasty stuff. Can't post its stats or whatnot, it's not Open Game Content and in any case Yuan-Ti are/have/belong to Product Identity or whatever for Wizards of the Coast, so 3rd-party publishers can't even use them.

Stormrunner

Explorer
Without getting specific:
CR 18, Huge, regenerating, psionics, spell resistance, lots of other resistances/immunities, beefed-up versions of all the usual yuan-ti powers ... seriously bad news, especially if you play them according to their genius intelligence (multiple back-up plans in place, protections against Scry-Buff-Teleport constantly active, underlings arranged to slow the party so the anethema has time to cast its buffs, etc., etc.). And they advance by character class, so you can always slap a few levels of warlock or blackguard or whatever on one, if CR 18 is too wimpy for ya.
Oh, and they have inherent grafting/flesh-shaper powers, so expect lots of Frankenstein/Moreau monstrosities in their entourage.

Gez

First Post
There are lots of other good stuff in the Fiend Folio, and of immediate interest to you, yuan-ti grafts and ophidians would be put to good use in a yuan-ti fortress -- maybe more, in fact, than the Anathema, who are somewhat loners, even if they do attract yuan-ti cultists.

Remove ads