Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Siuis

Explorer
Hi all,

This may sound quite presumptuous and more than a little odd, especially given the relative inactivity of this thread in the past two years, so please do excuse me if I seem intrusive. Here it goes...

I haven't been following this story hour for quite as long as some of you undoubtedly have. I started reading it in the summer of 2012, following recommendation from a certain user on GiantInthePlayground, to whom I owe many thanks.

Oh, hey! I hope that was me. I would be blessed to know I was able to share this jewel with even one other person.

Anyway, I'm sorry for those of you with email alerts. I think we can safely say Sep has moved on. What we do have is still here, and that is treasure enough. I'm not sure how many more years I'll remember my Enworld password, but to those of you whose names bring me joy and memories; grodog, cheiromancer, Tleilaxu And the rest, thank you, and bless you.

Last edited:

Helluin

First Post
I haven't been active in the past few weeks, nor have I sent out my PM draft to Sep since I was busy getting ready to graduate... I will probably still do so, despite what Siuis had said (even though I do believe that Siuis is correct in that Sep has probably moved on from Wyre), because well, who knows. Even if we never get to see an update on Wyre again, I may one day get the consent from Sep to translate what we have.

Thank you everyone for your effort and time, and thank you Siuis for the beautiful note. Do stay hopeful, and perhaps one day we will meet again :).

Edit: I just sent the PM to Sep. I know that I'll probably have to wait a long time to get a reply, if I were to get one at all, but that's okay - Wyre is worth all the waiting :)

P.S. Siuis, I tried looking up the thread on GITP where I was introduced to Wyre, I couldn't find it. Did you reply to an OP who was asking for good campaign journals or something along the line?

Last edited:

TheBrassDuke

Explorer
Also, if anyone has anything related to the most comprehensive information relating to Mulissu, Iua and Ulao--I would love to see it. Mulissu is my absolute favorite character in ToW, with Iua coming pretty close in the top ten, and I'm also interested in learning more about Ulao.

Mulissu was an inspiration for a character of mine:

Commissions for me by Maria Jang aka Soda222 (on DeviantArt). Please do not use these images for any reason; they were expensive.

Kletian the Sorcerer
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/CainePorter/IMG_3289_zpsqmjwbvnx.png
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/CainePorter/IMG_3288_zpsjbqyqx1z.png

Edit: (and yes, Kletian's outfit is a recolor/design version of the robes worn by the Geometer, from Complete Arcane.)

And to Cheiromancer and Grodog: you two have been following since the beginning, and seem to know the most about this. Would you like to connect via Facebook? If so, PM me the details! Let's chat!

Last edited:

Siuis

Explorer
P.S. Siuis, I tried looking up the thread on GITP where I was introduced to Wyre, I couldn't find it. Did you reply to an OP who was asking for good campaign journals or something along the line?

Yes, actually, but several times! Also brought up Sagiro's storyhour, most times.

Regardless, glad to have you around, friend. The more the merrier. I just wish Sep was a touch less amazing so we could try and guess the ending, but I guess enjoying the riches we already have will have to do :)

Helluin

First Post
Guys,
guys,
guys.

I don't know if you can feel it through my writing but I am almost hyperventilating right now.
I just received a message from Sepulchrave, who just kindly granted me the permission to translate the Wyre Saga!
(I quite literally had to paused a few minutes by this point just to calm myself down for a bit.)

Now that I've taken my deep breaths, I need to ask a few more favours - while I'm still trying to work out the technicalities of this project, I'd like to ask some of the readers who have put in significant efforts in the past to put together a collection of Wyre Saga (by [MENTION=141]Cheiromancer[/MENTION]) and a Wyrish glossary (by [MENTION=1289]tleilaxu[/MENTION]) - would the two of you mind if I translate or otherwise make use of these resources to make this project easier? I've never tagged anyone on ENWorld, so if I'm not doing this correctly, can someone tag them for me? Thanks.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I don't mind at all. I would have to be pretty arrogant to assert a right to be considered, given as all I did was cut and paste.

I don't envy you the task of translating some of this recondite vocabulary. If the target language has a good translation of Jack Vance you might find some good pointers, though. What language are you translating it in to?

tleilaxu

First Post
The concordance was intended for public use, so please feel free to translate it. Keep in mind it is informal, has some problems, and is only current up to whenever I produced it (which was during the SARS epidemic, however long ago that was...)

Helluin

First Post
Thank you both kindly!
@Cheiromancer I will be translating it into Mandarin Chinese, possibly with help from a (few) friend(s) of mine. I do realize that it would be quite a challenging project, and hope that the outcome would still capture a fraction of the charm in Sep's writings. There is, in fact, a translation of Jack Vance's anthology in Chinese, which I've read a couple of years back; however, having never read the original writings of Jack Vance, I am afraid that I cannot comment on the quality of the translation. Nevertheless, I might use it as a reference from time to time.
@tleilaxu it should still be a good starting point - I will likely modify it as the story progresses. For now, it should be more than enough to help the prospective readers remember the characters from Lady Despina's virtue. :)

Remove ads