Faerie Woods: Persephone Alone [Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
150 years. Heh, heh." Percy tries to stay upbeat as she absorbs this turn of events. "I don't know if I can agree to that. We've actually been hired to return this necklace to someone else. And 150 years is a long time for people like me. I mean, I'll be all shriveled up by then, if I'm even still around. I wouldn't be much fun."

Percy pauses to think. Innocents were being murdered daily in Orussus. Without the faerie king's help, how would they capture this redcap? If they refuse his assistance, what deadly hazards await her companions? Gontor was mosty after revenge, not the necklace. Perhpas he wouldn't mind if she gave it to this faerie king.

"What would it be like, staying here for 150 years, sir? What would be required of me for that time?"

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
"What would it be like, staying here for 150 years, sir? What would be required of me for that time?"

The Faerie Lord smiles. "I'm glad to see you have some knowledge of how the game is played, it is wise to hammer out the details. I had no intention of having you spend your time among us as an Ass's hindquarters, but one can never be too sure, eh? You would be a curiousity in my court, a mortal in lands that sane mortals fear to tread. As my guest, none would dare offer you uninvited harm, and you would be well provided for."

"See? I am not as harsh as the tales likely say."

Manzanita

First Post
Percy squirms uncomfortably. As a princess she had been brought up to know that despite her opulant lifestyle, she was a servent of the people. A good ruler rules for the good of the ruled, and no sacrifice was too great. Having foresaken her ancestrial lands, was Orussus not now her home? Was it not her duty to protect the citizens there?

She bows low to the faerie king. "Sir. I accept your proposal. Take me and my companions safely past the dangers of your realm, and to the redcap who kills men. We will retrieve the necklace he has stolen and I will return it to you in one month. If I fail in this duty, I will remain with you here as your guest. My companions must be allowed to go free safely either way. Is this the agreement?"

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

Percy takes a deep breath, and grimaces. OK. Well, I may as well try to enjoy myself now. she thinks.

Forcing a smile to her face, she accepts whatever tasty treats are offered and tries to be friendly and gracious to the faeries.

Patlin

Explorer
There is food, dancing, and what in retrospect seems to be entirely too much wine. At some point, exhausted from the celebration, you fall asleep. The next day, a pair of small humanoid shaped creatures with dark green skin and brown, bark-like hair greet you early in the morning and offer to take you back to your companions. They also present you with a smallwhicker basket, filled with wonderfull food.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Well, that was an interesting bargain. Certainly some of the PCs I play wouldn't not have taken it. But it did seem to make sense to Percy. Who knows, perhaps hanging out with the faeries would keep her young and help her learn some more magic. Although I'm very fond of Percy, I don't want you to feel guilty she is unable to return the necklace and ends up a captive of the faeries. That was a dangerous bargain she made.

Perhaps someone else could go on a quest to rescue her... otherwise, if she says 150 years at 200 xps/month, my greatgrandson can take her over and she'll be EPIC! :p

Patlin

Explorer
:)

Let's see if you can recover the necklace first before worrying about it too much. I have the consequences worked out, but it's a bit early to worry.

Also, kudos on the dedicated roleplaying. I'm sure when I offered a character named Persephone pommegranate seeds, your out of character reaction was to not eat them. Gutsy move!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases