Help with Monk/X gestalt build

Random Hero

First Post
nice choice!

Runesong42 said:
Thanx for the Psi build, Nifft!

I can tell you're all going to groan inwardly, but the DM has decided to allow me to play a half-celestial for this obviously high-powered campaign.

That in mind, I really like what Nifft put out there, but I think I'm going to go Monk/Psywar and milk the juicy bits. His "beginning career" will be helping out city watch, but he is to evolve into a demon slayin' Bad Boy so I thought it might be nice to add some weapon and armor prof's, should I need 'em.

Thanks again for all the advice!

I am happy that you chose to go with the Monk/PsyWar build, I think that you will be really happy with it. It will have bits and pieces of the things that you were looking for in your character (but will have some of all of them, atleast).

Good luck with your character! :D

Histel

First Post
pbd said:
I've always thought monk cleric would blend well...

I'm actually gonna try that combo myself now. Currently only lvl 6 Cleric (Lawful Evil). Think it could offer a LOT of fun playing time =)

...only drawback is that I have to do all the levelling (I want) as a monk before I level any further in other classes. You can't ever level in Monk again after levelling in another class, correctomundo?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Histel said:
You can't ever level in Monk again after levelling in another class, correctomundo?

No, you cannot, at least not by the core rules. But check with your DM if he might allow it. Maybe he will drop that rule (wouldn't be the only one) or make some exceptions according to your order (the FR have specific monastic orders that can multiclass with certain classes, and have the same for paladins).

sukael

First Post
The Monastic Training feat in the Eberron Campaign Setting book allows you to choose one specific class that the Monk's multiclass limitation doesn't apply to (and vice versa, if that class also has a multiclassing limitation).

Histel

First Post
sukael said:
The Monastic Training feat in the Eberron Campaign Setting book allows you to choose one specific class that the Monk's multiclass limitation doesn't apply to (and vice versa, if that class also has a multiclassing limitation).
Great, I have that book, I'll check it right away =)

Remove ads