Attack on the Bandit Camp [Concluded]

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

Velmont said:
Before going for a straight foward action, I would really like to know if they have some priest or arcanist with them. They have a tendency to make things a little bit harder and should be our primary targets. The leader too. Once the leader is down, the group is more likely to surrender or disband."
"Don't forget we have to bring the leader back to the authorities, preferably alive."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo takes out a sap of his steed saddlebag. "If I can approach him, I can subdue him. I suppose some of you have your own trick in his sleeves. I'm with this idea too, I would prefer to have it alive. They are not animals and it is not an hunt. But the notice told his head would be enough, and I would prefer to carry his corpse than any of yours. That's why I would prefer to know a bit more about there group before attacing the camp, it would reduce the bloodsheed on both side."

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: Does the map show any villages or other spots of interest near the camp location?

It would appear that the camp's location was chosen specifically due to the fact that it was out of the way. While further away than some of the small towns in the area, Orussus itself might be the best place to gather information, since it is a more significant center of trade. The bandits might even come here to fence their goods.

How long does the party wish to invest in gathering additional information? On mulling this over, several of your characters point out that any bandits that are actually in Orussus might just wander into the Red Dragon Inn and see the posting. If they were to report that a wanted poster giving away their camps exact location was being circulated, your task might become substantially more difficult.

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious

"I believe speed is more important than additional information. I say we get moving. Should any bandit see these postings, they could well move their camp."

Velmont

First Post
"True, not very bright from the authority to have made a public post. They reduce our options. So we will go today, but let's me give a try to gather some information on them here. I am pretty sure some other merchant have meet them, and they would be able to give us some information on them. And maybe, if someone can see the one who wrote down this note, he might have some more information too."

Erekose13

Explorer
"While it might be possible that someone has already seen the note, in which case it matters little how fast we go for ti is already too late. But if no one has seen the note, lets just take it with us, that way there is no threat that the bandits could see it. Who posted this here anyways?" says Tenebrynn.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"While it might be possible that someone has already seen the note, in which case it matters little how fast we go for ti is already too late. But if no one has seen the note, lets just take it with us, that way there is no threat that the bandits could see it. Who posted this here anyways?" says Tenebrynn.
"Joe got it in the mail" Sara says helpfully. "Do they allow bandits in the red dragon? If you want someone to go back and take the sign I will." she looks inconspicously at her empty mugs.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

"Joe doesn't ask what people do for a living and you can always lie about it. Good idea about grabbing the notice. After all, we've taken on that task."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Sara, could you pick an ale up for me too on your way back out? I had just gotten here when everyone was leaving and didn't have a chance to pick one up myself." says Tenebyrnn.

"With that solved, I think we should spend a few hours and try to talk to a few merchants in the area to find more about what has been taken and what not. Perhaps we should speak to our employer. Who is our employer anyways?"

Remove ads