[SWD20] What is an UGOR?

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
The “Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds” sourcebook makes mention of an alien race called the Ugors (see the entry for Yavin IV). But what are Ugors?

I know. :)

Ugors are an amorphous race that appeared with the Squibs in the WEG Star Wars D6 module “Scavenger unt.” Like the squibs themselves, ugors are galactic garbage-hunters and salvagers. The Squibs made it into the D20 version of the game, but for some reason the Ugors did not except for that one brief mention in Geonosis and the Outher Rim.

Below is the original entry for the Ugor, followed by my attempt at a D20 update.

(PS. I no longer have the Otherspace module, so I lack the more complete writeup of the race. If someone out there in EnWorldLand has Otherspace and wants to contribute the description of the Ugors, please do! :))

Star Wars D6 Version
Typical Ugor
Template Type: Ugor
Ht: variable
• Ugors have a total of 12D of attributes. Because they are amorphous beings, they can shift around their attributes according to what they require at the moment. For example, forming pseudopodia into a bunch of eye-stalks to examine something would increase an Ugor’s Perception.
• No attribute may have more than 4D, and when one attribute is needed, the rest must also be allocated accordingly to other attributes. Ugors have no skills.
• There are no PC Ugors, only NPCs.

Physical Description: Ugors are large, amorphous beings. They speak by extruding any of a variety of impromptu organs, some capable of being understood by humans.

Equipment: Although not exactly carrying every known weapon and tool, Ugors can often perform the same effects using their extremely versatile bodies. A properly shaped pseudopod can be a lockpick, a shovel, a vise, a knife, a carrying bag, or a waterproof umbrella.

Background: Ugors are garbage collectors who own and operate the Paradise System Junkyard with Imperial sanc¬tion. They are at war with the Squibs, but most garbage wars aren’t extremely violent — just messy.

Personality: Ugors believe that gambling, bargaining, and cheating are a way of life. They are an unfriendly, isolated lot who hate everything that isn’t garbage.

Star Wars D20 Version
Ugor Species Traits
Ability Modifiers: +2 Intelligence, −4 Charisma. (But see below).
Medium-size: As Medium-size creatures, Ugors have no special modifiers due to their size. (See below).
Speed: Ugor base speed is 10 meters. (Again, see below).
Bonus Feat: Ambidexterity
Amorphous: The body of an Ugor is an amorphous mass of protoplasm. At will, an Ugor can manipulate its body to increase its size, grow an extra limb, grow extra eyes, and so on. Altering its body is a full-round action, and an Ugor can simultaneously possess a number of the following species traits equal to its Wisdom modifier (minimum 1). The Ugor can select any trait multiple times, except for the Size Change trait. For example, an Ugor with a Wisdom of 15 can simultaneously have in effect any two species traits from the list below. It can give itself two instances of extra eyes for a +4 to Spot and Search checks, or long legs and thick skin to be able to run faster and avoid damage.

o Ability Enhancement: +2 bonus to one physical ability score (Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution) per instance.
o Extra Arm: One extra arm per instance. Ugors normally have two manipulating pseudopods that act as arms. Each arm past the first two is considered to be an off-hand.
o Extra Ears (or large ones): +2 to Listen checks per instance.
o Extra Eyes: +2 to Spot and Search checks per instance.
o Extra Leg: One extra leg per instance. Each extra leg provides a +1 bonus to resist bantha rushes and trip attacks.
o Long Legs: +2 meters to Speed per instance.
o Reach: 2 meters per instance per arm.
o Simple Tool: +2 equipment bonus on Repair checks per instance. This only applies when simple mechanical tools would be helpful (GM’s choice).
o Size Change: An Ugor can grow to Large size or shrink to Small size. It gains all the benefits and penalties attributed to the change in size, such as penalties or bonuses to attack rolls and Defense, bonuses or penalties to Hide and grapple checks, and the effects of size on carrying capacity. Altering its size does not alter the Ugor’s ability scores or Speed.
o Thick Skin: +2 natural armor bonus to Defense per instance.

Last edited:

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Ugors are apparently in "Scavenger Hunt", not "Otherspace". (I have both but can only find Otherspace, and they aren't in it, just the Charon. They are in Galaxy Guide 4, too, which I guess you have)

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Their Ogres but because of copyright agreements they had to change it. Actually I have no idea.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
trancejeremy said:
Ugors are apparently in "Scavenger Hunt", not "Otherspace". (I have both but can only find Otherspace, and they aren't in it, just the Charon. They are in Galaxy Guide 4, too, which I guess you have)

My bad ... seems my rotten memory has combined two modules.

Scavenger Hunt is the one ... I will edit my post. Thanks!

And, sadly, no, I don't have any of my old StarWars d6 books. I sold them all to a friend long ago when I was desperate for cash and none of my game group at the time were interested in the game anymore.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Ah. Some of your text from the d6 writeup was similar to the text in GG4, so I thought perhaps it was derived from that. So much for my Sherlock Holmes impersonation.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases