Spending XP for crafting

Bront

The man with the probe
I've seen this rule, or a variant used in some campaigns.

Proposed Rule 1 said:
When crafting an item that requires the expendature of XP, a second person can contribute to this cost. Up to half (rounded down) of the required XP to be spent can come from this second person.
Or, alternately.
Proposed Rule 2 said:
When crafting an item that requires the expendature of XP, others may assist in the expendature as well. All those participating (Including the crafter(s)), my split the experience expendature evenly (rounded up).
I think either rule will encourage more item crafters out there, especialy since someone can already contribute craft points. It takes some of the sting out of crafting items for others.

The first rule is a bit simpler, and probably more usefull given the nature of LEW, but the second rule can work as well, especialy when some items may require more than one crafter to create, and are being purchaced by someone not even involved in the process.

Just something to consider. Open for discussion.

Last edited:

azmodean

First Post
Typically yes, the greatest benefit is when a non-crafter wants to comission an item. The non-crafter can contribute some of the xp, but purchase the item at a reduced price most likely. This comes down to in-game haggling. I would prefer that the amount of xp contributed be variable, with a cap of course.

Bront

The man with the probe
As Azmodean said, yes. The idea is to allow people who wish to buy an item to offer XP for it. They can alreay offer CP for it as well.

Besides, Craft can be used untrained, so it can be assisted untrained.

Bront

The man with the probe
That's CP for unfeated assistance. For simply crafting normal items, that isn't a problem (Granted, we're not talking that).

I would say no, because the idea of this is to aleviate the XP cost for the builder. I don't know if the XP is ment to represent essence, or time, or what, but it shouldn't matter in my oppinion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases