Interesting shopping in ancient Netheril.

won't the magic stuff cease functioning when the party "returns" from ancient Netheril ??? I remember that most of their magic was dependent on their sources that have long been destroyed or something like that.

Zappo

Explorer
This thread will be copied, its content formatted, translated and used in-game. Thanks for your cooperation.

Now I've finally got something to tell the players when they say "I search the wizard's library"!

Hey, I've got a cool idea: what if studying some of the tomes gave the possibility to learn exotic spells or weird metamagic feats? Not for free, I mean, but when the character gains a new feat or new spell (if he's a sorc), he may choose one of those from the books. It would be a nifty way of introducing new stuff to the game. The rarest of them might even contain the lore needed to enter some prestige class (new or from T&B or whatever other source).

You might be in for a downer. Per the time travel rules in the Netheril box set you cannot take stuff with you when you travel back from the past. Anything you attempt to bring instead is dumped back where you were in the past.

Of course your DM may not be using this but I thought I would throw it out there.

There is a way around it though. One can always try hiding the stuff in a spot so perfect that it is all there in the future. Of course you have to find a spot so perfect that it won't be found in several thousand years.

Arravis

First Post
None of the items on the list use Mythlar, so they will function normally in any time. Also, we're not using the Netheril box set rules for time travel... we're basicly using the Dragonlance, "Time is a river" way of looking at time. So bringing items back won't be an issue. And I'm one of the co-DM's so, it's all good :).

And I have thought of leaving some of the stuff behind to be picked up later on... but we're not sure how we're going to do it though.

Also, all the items above have "powers", skill bonuses (well not all but some), etc, but I'm not listing them yet. They are all circumstantial bonuses anyway, not a generic one. For example, if you get the lower planar book set, and you research the planes in general and state that book is part of your research, it might only give you a circumstantial +1 bonus, but if you're researching something in the lower planes, it could go up considerably.

Last edited:

Fade

First Post
I hope the Netherese also offer a bargain-deal on Bags of Holding. Your players are going to need a lot of them.

Consider this list stolen :)

kreynolds

First Post
Very nice work, Arravis. I tip my hat to you in complete respect. Sounds to me like the roleplay elements of your games are awesome. :)

Remove ads