[D20 CoC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness Campaign - Recruiting Alternate Players

jdeleski

First Post
Initiation

The bat-signal has been sent and this one was not plagiarized!

Sorry for the color, but I wanted it to stand out in many ways.

----------------------------------------------
Job (the tortured one).

Last edited:

jdeleski

First Post
Eabha's Response

Eabha,

THAT was a fun read!

-----------------------------------------------
Thanks!
Job (the tortured one).

jdeleski

First Post
At this, the game's start and Prologue section, anyone (who has an approved character sheet) has an opportunity to do a little investigating before everyone gathers in New York City for the September 1st meeting at the Amherst Hotel. You may make inquiries within your starting town, or travel anywhere that you are able to reach while reserving enough time to get to NYC on Sept 1.

If you plan to contact old allies and sources, I ask that you first provide me with a brief outline of the person(s) here in the OOC thread, their background and area of expertise, and where they are located, so that I can judge if this is reasonable (most times, I expect that it will be).

Tonight I plan to review and comment on Bobitron's character sheet updates and TZ's new sheet.

Job (the tortured one).

Last edited:

eabha

First Post
Okay, well obviously Annie is on her way to New York to see if she can find and convince Starkweather to include her in the expedition. I hope this is appropriate.

My character sheet is nearly done. I have just a couple of questions. First, feat choice. Are they pretty much the same as in D&D or D20 Modern? I notice there is a Skill Emphasis...is this the same as Skill Focus? +3 to a certain skill?

Also, how does one calculate income? Savings?

Finally, about equipment. I have no equipment list/price list to work from. Would you be able to help me out? I can list wardrobe I'd like Annie to have, and basic equipment, stealing prices from the lists of others. But can you suggest some specific equipment that a physician might want to take along?

Everything else was really easy to figure out...thanks for adding in all the details!

jdeleski

First Post
Questions from Eabha

Eabha said:
Okay, well obviously Annie is on her way to New York to see if she can find and convince Starkweather to include her in the expedition. I hope this is appropriate.
It appears appropriate for your character. :lol: We'll see how it plays out.

Eabha said:
My character sheet is nearly done. I have just a couple of questions. First, feat choice. Are they pretty much the same as in D&D or D20 Modern? I notice there is a Skill Emphasis...is this the same as Skill Focus? +3 to a certain skill?

Also, how does one calculate income? Savings?
In my opinion, There are a number of CoC-specific feats that your character would want to make use of; too many to list. If you won't have a D20 CoC manual for a bit of time, I recommend that we use a voice-over-IP session to work through these two questions (Skype, a free download, works great for this! You'll need a microphone for your PC). I won't have any time to do this tonight, but if you are available, we could talk through these tomorrow night, say at about 7:30 or 8pm US Eastern time? As a last resort, say if your computer cannot handle voice-over-IP, I have unlimited long distance on my home telephone and could call you to discuss these things.

Eabha said:
Finally, about equipment. I have no equipment list/price list to work from. Would you be able to help me out? I can list wardrobe I'd like Annie to have, and basic equipment, stealing prices from the lists of others. But can you suggest some specific equipment that a physician might want to take along?
Sure. But we can make it even easier. Make up what you think that you'd need, including what you think a doctor might have in her kit (stethoscope, morphine, etc.). Assume $50 to purchase a full-outfitted kit. Later, if you find that you needed a unique medical item, we'll roll an Int roll to see if you brought one along.

Eabha said:
Everything else was really easy to figure out...thanks for adding in all the details!
No problem! My RL friend needed that extra detail anyway.

-----------------------------------------------
Job (the tortured one).

eabha

First Post
jdeleski said:
In my opinion, There are a number of CoC-specific feats that your character would want to make use of; too many to list. If you won't have a D20 CoC manual for a bit of time, I recommend that we use a voice-over-IP session to work through these two questions (Skype, a free download, works great for this! You'll need a microphone for your PC). I won't have any time to do this tonight, but if you are available, we could talk through these tomorrow night, say at about 7:30 or 8pm US Eastern time? As a last resort, say if your computer cannot handle voice-over-IP, I have unlimited long distance on my home telephone and could call you to discuss these things.

Well, as I will be away tomorrow night until Saturday evening, this will have to wait. If on Sunday I have not been able to page through a copy of the text, I will contact you again and set something up. I, too, have a great long distance plan. My work computer can handle the microphone thing, but not the ancient (circa 1995) laptop I use at home. Everything but the feats and income will be settled before I leave work today at 4pm and I'll go ahead and post what I've got.

eabha

First Post
I just posted Annie's character sheet in the Rogues Gallery. It's not quite finished but it's a start. There are a few things I'll likely tweak in the next day or so.

EDIT: Did I mention that your prologue rocks?

Last edited:

jdeleski

First Post
Approval of Vittorio Liuzzi's Character Sheet

Bobitron,

Vittorio Liuzzi's Character Sheet is approved for play.

Please correct one mistake on my own part when I typed my first review, which is that:
  • His starting savings = $11,000. (my original erroneous response stated "salary" for this)
  • His starting income (i.e. salary) = $5,500.
And you're in!

Job (the tortured one).

jdeleski

First Post
Review of James R. Poole Character Sheet

TZ,

You've developed a very interesting character with a strong background. I have just a few minor requests for changes:
  1. HP = 30 (9 at first level and 7 for each level thereafter)
  2. Sanity = 70 (= 5 X Wisdom score)
  3. You may add 3 languages as a result of your +3 intelligence bonus.
And, of course, you need his starting savings, staring income, and equipment.

Thanks!
Job (the tortured one).

Remove ads