[vendors] Unorthodox Rpgnow.com Sales report -- free for publishers

TheLe

First Post
There is an RPGNOW sales reporting tool available now, which I like to call Unorthodox Sales Report. I wrote it in MS Access and it is now up to version 1.1.

It's free and can be downloaded HERE.

Master Interface:
UnorthodoxSalesDB_Screenshot_02a.gif

Sample Report 1:
UnorthodoxSalesDB_Screenshot_02b.gif

Sample Report 2:
UnorthodoxSalesDB_Screenshot_01.gif

To use it:

1) run an rpgnow.com sales report, and turn on Output Details as a .CSV file.
Then save those results into a text file (do not copy the header).

2) Go to Access and Select File->Get External Data->Import and select the
text file.

3) Import the data In an Existing Table: -- use the table called Sales

3a) Make sure before you import that it is set for Delimited (comma) and
uses a Text Qualifier ("). First Row Contains Field Names is not needed,
assuming (because I said not to copy the header, remember?).

There you go! Once imported, you can access the reports in the form called _MAIN.

You can rename the database file name all you want, but do not rename the queries or tables.

When I update this product in the future, you can just import the sales table from your old database to the new one (make sure you delete the empty table first!).

And keeping your database up to date is a snap. Just run a new rpgnow.com report for the new time period and import it into sales as outlined above. It should concatonate the data into the table for you.

Sorry, but this is only available in MS Access.

Comments and suggestions are welcome and encouraged. I don't have any "testers" for this app, so I am hoping you all can give me some feedback!

~The Le Games, We Enahance Worlds

Andre

First Post
Thele, I downloaded your file to forward to someone I know who is a publisher. But everytime I try to open the file, I get an Open File Security Warning dialogue box. If I select the option to Open the file, I get the following message:

"Microsoft Access cannot open this file.

This file is located outside your intranet or on an untrusted site. Microsoft Access will not open the file due to potential security problems.

To open this file, copy it to your machine or an accessible location."

Any ideas?

Warden

First Post
I downloaded it, open the program with no problems. Could be a security setting in your own computer.

As soon as I can figure out how to use Access, Le, I'll let you know how it works.

TheLe

First Post
Andre said:
Thele, I downloaded your file to forward to someone I know who is a publisher. But everytime I try to open the file, I get an Open File Security Warning dialogue box. If I select the option to Open the file, I get the following message:
"Microsoft Access cannot open this file.
This file is located outside your intranet or on an untrusted site. Microsoft Access will not open the file due to potential security problems.
To open this file, copy it to your machine or an accessible location."
Any ideas?

Sorry it took so long for me to track this down. One person suggested this as a solution:
I managed to sort this one out. For anyone else with this problem, you have to add the server to your trusted sites in Internet Explorer, as Access uses the settings of your Security from Internet Explorer apparently.

Microsoft has also indentified this problem and offers a solution on their official site, which can be found here

If that does not work, let me know and I will keep hunting for a solution, but I am not sure what else to check.

~Le

Cathix

First Post
Warden said:
I downloaded it, open the program with no problems. Could be a security setting in your own computer.

As soon as I can figure out how to use Access, Le, I'll let you know how it works.

Nice avatar, Todd. Sexy.

Remove ads