Who wants to be a Wayfinder?

Bront

The man with the probe
ShaggySpellsword said:
As I understand it, the alignment restriction for clerics doesn't apply in Eberron. So a severely delusional LG cleric of the Fury is possible (however unlikely) They just have to find a way to correspong their faith with their religion.

LG cleric of Vol would work more easily than some:

They would beleive in the innate goodness of Nobility. Certain bloodlines, and therefore certain people pass their virtues down to their children. They would likely think that Thrane has commited an atrocity by being ruled by someone not of noble blood. They would believe that Death is the ultimate evil, and that in cheating death, you are defying evil. Finally, he would probably beleive that, in order to truly know someone, you must study their geneology and their family. If someone's father was a deceptive theif, then they have it "in their blood" to be deceptive. Conversely, if someone's great-grandmother was a great hero, then they have the potential, however unlikely it may seem, to be heroic.
I missed that part, however, it says that the allignment may stray, as being in the church organization is more important than staying close to the diety, so initialy it needs to be close, and it would be interesting to see how he can keep a good character in the Blood of Vol organization (Its generaly particularly vile and evil acting), but I guess it's possable.

Johan vehimently approves of all good looking female characters :)

Mista, how many are you willing to take per group, and what did you think of my breakdowns? Obviously, with 6 per group instead of 4 or 5, we're probably a bit more flexable, especialy since we have a few characters that streach accross archtypes.

Verbatim, I didn't get a chance to comment earlier about your thoughs, and yes, you're probably right given that outlook that our two characters could probably get along in a party moraly. However, I agree with the thought that they probably aren't the closest of friends, and like how I simply see that there is more to your necromantic research than just necromancy, but not what, while you keep your distance dispising me for embracing a lifestyle that you've been raised to hate (Unintentionaly).

Selc, It's kind of hard to not have a class for LA+1, since technicaly you don't get HP then. However, I don't see why a player couldn't start as LA+1 at ECL2 basicly with 0 exp, meaning that they don't gain a level when they reach 1000 EXP. I don't see it as a huge disadvantage, and I believe Mista said we might be advancing fairly quickly, so it's not a big issue for long anyway. But, it's up to himm

Verbatim

Explorer
Bront: I tried to keep a common theme in his thoughts to all chars who have stated that they come from "well off" backgrounds. While the Sivid family would be "working rich", I have no doubt that most would know of Patruk's family name. While in time, Patruk might soften his stance to see the person as a person, right now all he sees is their status and how it is flaunted in their environment. Whether the flaunting is real or created in his head is a trivial point..:)

I do look forward to starting the game with you all, as it looks like the chances for RP are many here.

Mista Collins

First Post
Here is the list of people I have so far. The list is 13 names long. I am going to go with 6 characters per group (which means 1 person is going to be eliminated). As soon as I find a way to do this randomly (might just draw a name out fo a hat), I will post who the 12 are and then I will need anyone who is not decided on a class to choose a race and class (not necessarily stated out yet). After the classes and races are figured, a discussion about who would be in what group will commence. Here is the list of those looking to play.

Line up so far (will be split into two groups).
1 - Ozmar: Boromar - warforged scout
2 - ShaggySpellsword: Tel Montayne - half-elf ranger
3 - Jarval: Glaw - warforged ranger
4 - jkason: Midian Rightson - human druid
5 - Ferrix: Teivel ir'Torn - human swashbuckler
6 - Verbatim: Patruk Sivid - human necromancer
7 - Krug: Plonk - gnome arificer
8 - Bront: Johan d'Deneith - human paladin (of freedom!)
9 - Prof Yeti: <undecided> You can play a paragon of any of the common races (dwarf, elf, gnome, halfling, human, half-orc, helf-elf)
10 - John Semlak: Wizard fascinated with traveling
- Primus: Shifter or Half-elf something or other
- Selc Silverhand: Spirit Shaman
13 - Shayuri: Changeling Sorceress

This list is also posted on the first post in this thread.

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
since someone informed me you can roll a dX at invisiblecastle.com, I did that and the result was as follows:
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=134632

Sorry SelcSilverhand. I will keep you as an alternate if someone decides they don't want to play, doesn't post at all, doesn't submit a character by the time I decide it has been long enough (not sure yet), etc. That is if you are interested in being an alternate (you could be part of any group at that point). There are 12 players, I am sure one is bound to drop at some point :)

As for the rest, please pick a race and class if you have not already. Give some background information and maybe a sentence or two on your thoughts of the other characters. DO NOT POST STATS. If you have stats posted, please take them down. I want to keep these a secret from the other players so that being they will be in a rival group, they don't know your ability. They might hear rumors that Mr. Soandso rapidly shot a bunch of arrows and Monster X during a search for Artifact Y. (oh, maybe Mr. Soandso is good with a bow..rapid shot perhaps). I think this is an interesting way to do this.

Once the races, classes, and groups are chosen, I will ask you to email me that information. (and will provide the email at the time). Any questions or suggestions?

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Sure thing, I'll keep an eye on the thread in case a spot opens up. Maybe by then the group will be at level 2 and a LA+1 will be viable ;)

Bront, thanks for the reminder. I had flipped through MM1 and saw that regular lizardfolk have a racial hit die listed under lizards as PC's, but the one in MM3 doesn't have that entry.

Bront

The man with the probe
SelcSilverhand said:
Sure thing, I'll keep an eye on the thread in case a spot opens up. Maybe by then the group will be at level 2 and a LA+1 will be viable ;)

Bront, thanks for the reminder. I had flipped through MM1 and saw that regular lizardfolk have a racial hit die listed under lizards as PC's, but the one in MM3 doesn't have that entry.
Racial HD count against ECL too, so the regular lizardfolk actualy have an ECL of 3 before a class.

Mista, I sblocked my stats, that good enough? Or you want them removed?

Prof Yeti, play a Human Dwarf Paragon ;)

Verbatim, Yup, understandable. I'll have to tweek my what I think of who as the others post characters (Sans Stats)

Prof Yeti

First Post
Bront said:
Prof Yeti, play a Human Dwarf Paragon ;)

Strangely enough that was one of my ideas for the character. :lol: :eek: :confused:

But Mista Collins I am sad to say that RL is currently yanking my chain in new and extreme ways. So consequently I think it was best if I withdraw from this game. But if possible I would like to take a Alt slot for the future?

Mista Collins

First Post
Prof Yeti said:
Strangely enough that was one of my ideas for the character. :lol: :eek: :confused:

But Mista Collins I am sad to say that RL is currently yanking my chain in new and extreme ways. So consequently I think it was best if I withdraw from this game. But if possible I would like to take a Alt slot for the future?

I'd love to have you as an alternate, which means SelcSilverhand.... you get the spot. :)

Primus

First Post
Tomorrow I will get to work hard-core.

Thank you, Mista. I'll have something good tomorrow... the Half-Elf feels bland, but I've never made a dragonmarked character before....

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper is young, born in a secret changeling-only enclave that formed in the remote mountains between Breland and what would become Darguun. The founding changelings were refugees from the warfare; refusing to fight the fights of other races and seeking a unique destiny of their own. Like most such exclusively changeling villages, they embraced the philosophy referred to as "Reality Seeking," which was to say that they sought the notion of an ultimate Truth that might be concealed but never altered or changed. An island of stability in lives defined by change.

Whisper herself learned early on in this insular community that knowledge was powerful, and that secrets were by far the most potent form of knowledge. She was among the first of the village to venture outside following the end of the Last War. Drawn by her emerging magical abilities and curiosity, she traveled Breland to Aundair, coming to a rest at Arcanix. While she enjoyed the studies there, she decided to transfer to the university at Fairhaven shortly after arriving...preferring the opportunities and bustle that a large city provided. Despite her sorcerous nature, she studied as diligently as any wizard, seeking the secrets that magic had to offer. Nevertheless, when she got a chance to freely roam the world, seeking out hidden truths and mysteries; magicks long forgotten and dormant...she could not turn it down.

In form, Whisper is a tall, statuesque female humanoid who keeps her true face hidden behind a full mask, with only slits for her eyes. She wears the mask in deference to her own private development of Reality Seeking, in which she believes that the "True Form" is actually best described as a metaform...that is, the potential to assume many forms. The True Form isn't so much a form, as a property...and thus the mask reminds her that even her "true" face is a false one. She tends to favor clothing that clings to her body without revealing skin, and is fond of grandiose, sweeping capes and cloaks that she can swirl for dramatic effect. She removes the mask only when assuming shapes that are not her natural form.

Boromar - warforged scout

Whisper finds warforged interesting; most particularly the secrets of their creation; as well as what about them makes them self-willed when they're so clearly not 'alive' in the classic sense of the word. That said, she doesn't differentiate much between them either, regarding them collectively as interesting puzzles, but having some trouble perceiving them as individuals.

Tel Montayne - half-elf ranger

Though Whisper recognizes the value of woodsmen and rangers when traveling, her preferred world is more social...thus she sees Tel as useful, but not terribly interesting beyond that. So far at least.

Glaw - warforged ranger

Similar to Boromar.

Midian Rightson - human druid

Having never met druids before, Whisper is curious about their (to her) somewhat oddball philosophies; their long and storied history in the world, and their elusive secret language that she longs to learn.

Teivel ir'Torn - human swashbuckler

Whisper appreciates warriors and fighters as being necessary for keeping one's enemies at arm's reach...and finds that swashbucklers are a particularly entertaining branch of the discipline.

Patruk Sivid - human necromancer

Though Whisper feels some pressure to measure up to wizards, she finds Necromancy one of her less favorite schools of magic. Certain applications she has no problem with, but she dislikes undead intensely. Presumably because they are immune to her charms.

Plonk - gnome arificer

Despite her curiosity in the artificer's trade, Whisper regards Plonk with wariness; well aware of the reputation gnomes have of being information collectors and brokers. While she has similar aspirations herself, she's not eager to be on the receiving end of it.

Johan d'Deneith - human paladin (of freedom!)

Initially somewhat cautious around the paladin for their reputation as stern taskmasters, Whisper was pleasantly surprised to discover the 'of freedom' portion of Johan's vows, and now finds him good company.

Wizard fascinated with traveling

Whisper is privately intimidated by wizards and their vast knowledge of magic, compared to her own more intuitive, less intellectual grasp of such. As such, she attempts to impress or measure up to wizards whenever possible.

Primus: Shifter or Half-elf something or other

Er. Whisper is both fascinated by, and somewhat intimidated by, shifters and their wild natures.

Selc Silverhand: Spirit Shaman

Selc will find Whisper full of questions about the spirit world, and how it fits into established magical cosmology. Similarly, the relationship between Shaman and Druid seems close, and she enjoys discussing their beliefs and abilities.

Remove ads