Gwendolynn Von Holden's Diary: Can't a girl get some sleep around here?

Eeralai

First Post
Day 23 Leaving Eastwood (finally)

Powers discovered: 0, am slowest learner everrrrr! Thoughts of Jalik: 254, all new high due to the extreme boredom faced in Eastwood.

What a waste of time it was going to Eastwood. Chani didn’t even want to visit her family. Her mother came looking for her when she heard Chani was in town and I thought Chani was very rude to her. What is my group’s problem? Aaron ran away from his brother and Chani won’t speak to her mother. Don’t they know how important family is? sigh Miss my family. Wish I had been able to find Geoff’s group to journey with in Fort Greerson.

Eeralai

First Post
Day 25, Bridge Crossing

Nearly everyone lost their horse today. Horses that I paid for, mind you. Had to cross very narrow bridge. Next time I buy horses for a group, will ask first if they know how to handle them. I don’t think we would’ve made it across if I hadn’t managed to calm the horses down. Swear bridge was 10 miles long.

Eeralai

First Post
Day 26 Fork in the Road

Argue, argue, argue. That’s all Ternell and Chani do. Today we arrived at a fork in the road and had to decide whether we should go into what has been called “The Impassable Forest”, or continue on the road we have been traveling. Impassable sounds ominous to me, but Chani thinks it will be shorter.

“Well, whose fault is it that we need the shorter route?” asked Ternell.

“The gnomes didn’t trust us and wanted us off their land,” said Chani.

“It’s Greerson’s land, did you tell them that?”

“Yes, and they don’t consider him to be their Lord.”

“We should stay on the road.”

“Now, I think Chani may have a point about going the shorter way. Let’s give her another chance,” said Korliss.

“The name is ‘impassable,’” said Aaron. “I don’t think it got the name without a reason.”

“Things are exagerated all the time,” said Korliss.

In the end, we finally took a vote and everyone but Aaron and Ternell voted for the forest. At least Ternell and Chani aren’t arguing. Hmmm. Maybe they argue because they really like each other. If that’s the case, then Korliss and Chani really like each other too. Hey, everybody argues with Chani. Do they all secretly love her? She is pretty, but I think I’m prettier. Why does nobody love me? Nobody even talks to me. Humph. Will snub entire party for arguing with Chani and not me.

Eeralai

First Post
Impassable Forest, Day 3

Powers used: 0 (monsters don’t go for my charm and can’t seem to distract them from their food) Powers discovered: 0, Monsters fought: a dozen at least.

Hard to snub whole party when we’re too busy fighting. Chani’s singing is v. inspiring and seems to make my crossbow aim truer. Everyone in party hitting hard and I try to cheer them on. But, monsters are wearing us down. They’re big and ugly and carry huge clubs. Ardel thinks they might be ogres. Whatever they are, they keep slobbering in my hair, and I think we are weeks from a bath. Probably should’ve taken other road.

Eeralai

First Post
Impassable Forest, Day 5

Powers used: 0 Powers discovered: 0 Party members dead: 1

Lajon was pounded into the ground today by huge club. I cried as we buried him and wondered when Aaron was going to be divinely inspired by Pter. Korliss was hoping we could resurrect him, but I said it was pointless to try because Lajon didn’t believe in resurrection. Korliss said Lajon might change his mind in the afterlife, but the rest of us agreed to be true to Lajon’s wishes. I wonder if I could learn how to heal. Ternell seems to have a little healing power, and Aaron can use herbs after the battle. So can Korliss for that matter. Will have to try to find healing power.

Eeralai

First Post
Impassable Forest, Day 12, morning

Near death experience: 1

Almost DIED last night! Must avoid that experience again whenever possible. We were all resting by the fire after long day of beating back ogres when a small ugly monster stamped out our fire and another one eviscerated me. Didn’t see rest of battle due to being unconscious, but heard about it all morning from Chani and Ternell.

“Why haven’t you been using that sword?” shouted Ternell. “It shouldn’t take the whole party nearly dying for you to get it out!”

“The whole party wouldn’t have been dying if you’d ever lay your hands on anybody but yourself and Aaron,” Chani shouted back. (Point to Chani. Ternell does spend a lot of time laying hands on himself.)

“We were the ones in the thick of it! And this isn’t the only battle we could’ve used that sword. Obviously it’s powerful. It slew all four of those things.”

“I’m not going to use a magic weapon that I don’t know its power.”

“Why didn’t you ask the Royal Appraiser?” asked Aaron.

“He didn’t want to tell me the power. He just wanted to buy it. What if it had done something evil.”

“Then the Royal Appraiser would’ve taken it away from us,” said Korliss. “Especially after the dressing down we got for taking the book.”

“What book?” I asked.

“Oh, we removed a book from a cave that brought out an army of skeletons. Greerson got all uptight about it.”

“And whose fault was that?” asked Chani. “That was Aaron running away with a magical object we knew nothing about.”

“Oh please,” said Aaron. “You were going to take that book too if I hadn’t taken it first. The only person who wanted nothing to do with it was Crill. So don’t play all innocent about the sword.”

“Maybe I’m just the only one here who learned a lesson from it.”

“Well, the lesson you should learn now is to use that sword,” said Ternell.

Think Chani got raw deal. Sounds like she saved the party and should be being praised. Tried to say so, but she just growled at me and walked away. Maybe whole party really dislikes Chani after all. Poor Chani.

Eeralai

First Post
Impassable Forest, Day 14

*Sigh* Met handsome, youthful magic user today. Fair headed and silvery type eyes. Don’t think he’s as powerful as Jalik, but he looks only a little older than me. Looking for adventure, like me, and sent into the woods by a tutor who gave him a protection necklace. He was surprised we had been attacked so much because he hadn’t met any monsters after about a week of journeying. He joined up with our group and actually talks!! Not as much as self, but seems to listen and interact in conversations. V. happy he is interested in joining us on our journey to Orlane. He’s taking us to Hoch Hoch which is a little village he is from.

Last edited:

Eeralai

First Post
Impassable Forest, Day 21

Falon has invited me to meet his mother when we arrive in Hoch Hoch tomorrow! Must find hot bath and put on second best dress before I go. Says mother uses magic different from his and maybe it’s similar to mine.

Remove ads