Who here plays City of Heroes?

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Blue_Kryptonite said:
I just canceled my account and delted all my characters.

I'm thinking about canceling as well. I'm not bitter or anything, I just realized I haven't played in a month. But why did you delete all of your characters?

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
BiggusGeekus said:
I'm thinking about canceling as well. I'm not bitter or anything, I just realized I haven't played in a month. But why did you delete all of your characters?

I know for a fact I'm not going back. Why hog the names? I had some very, very good ones.

Last edited:

Atridis

First Post
Blue_Kryptonite said:
I know for a fact I'm not going back. Why hog the names?
/em shakes Blue_Kryptonite's hand and buys him a tankard.

Seriously, it's bad enough when active players "camp" on names of characters they never play. Especially in City of Heroes, where names ideally carry a meaning and are related to the character's design. A guildmate of mine recently scored a coup and got the name "Mister Mystical" for a new CoH character. I presume that he has a retired player who actually deleted old characters to thank for it.

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
Exactly, Atridis.

Just imagine if I went away with their no-delete policy. Across various servers, I would have locked up:

Lunarian, Runefyre, Dr. Paragon, Stinger B, Solifugid, Zener, Frostburn, Horflash, Sunstone, Flare Star, Mountain King, Radio Edit, Yellowstone, Geotron, Dr. Fantastitron (OK, maybe just me...), Z'Zam R'rab (Also me, but you never know), Dr. Fight, Reverend Pain, Downlink, Scorpijinn, Leafcutter, Atlas Beetle, AI Joe, Buckshot Gordon, Rocket Falcon, Miskatonic, Pirate Queen, Greenhenge, Blast Armstrong, Green Bay, Firedance, Sylvinn, Northlight, Ghost Raptor, 7th Daughter, Atom Girl, Formula 5, Robot Neitzsche (Come on, this *can't* be just me...), Dr. Pendragon, Attourney At War, Orgone, Papa Wednesday, Medivac EMT, The Crimson Thunder, Madam Midnite, Patriot X, Electronaut, Ice Skreem, US Archer, Rakkasah, The Critical Hour, Devil Hunter, and Johnny Bluenote.

It would be almost criminal of me to lock those away without intending to use them.

buzzard

First Post
Used to play. I have a set of 3 50s, a 45, 42, 40, 34 and a lowbie on Justice. The current round of nerfs and the way in which the devs treated the situation didn't much do it for me. point. I did have a lot of fun at it for the year I played though. The community has some nice people in it.

I tried to switch over to WoW, but dear god that game is tedious. I'd look forward to playing WoW about as much as I look forward to going to work (and I hate my work).

I believe DC will have a superhero game out in a couple years. Maybe I'll try again at that. I only tried CoH because it was about superheroes, and it tends to be a chore to find a PnP superhero game.

buzzard

Remove ads