I've finally moved from Buffalo... it's about time too!

AuroraGyps

First Post
Ok, so here I sit in my parent's house in Carmel, NY and most of the past few weeks are a stress filled blur. I only had to wait around since April for my family to figure things out on how to get me home, and while they got me here, it was pretty much a huge cluster ****. Granted, I have a lot of stuff (books, knick knacks, etc) so there was a lot to move, and I am glad for them helping me, but they did a crappy job. It's a very long story, but needless to say, next time I'm hiring people.;) Half the things that were supposed to go to my parent's house, the important stuff at least, like my pillow, some bedding, etc didn't make it. Where my stuff is stored looks like a psycho game of Tetris and today when I went to find some stuff, I found nothing (except for my DVDs... but the player is who knows where in there).
I moved because of my anxiety and depression, and now I feel worse. I don't know where most of my stuff is (where other people have people and friends in their lives, I have stuff). I had 2 or 3 attacks while moving, but because I tried to hide them (it's embarassing to have people see ya like that), people think I was just slacking (I also tried to kinda stay out of the way, cause I had no idea what I was doing and didn't want to get in the way of people I thought did). These people are my family and they want to help, but they just don't or won't listen to what I tell them about what's going on w/ me. I tell ya, things are gonna get MUCH worse before they get better, I know it.
Anyways, I just wanted to let the people on here that have given me some support before to know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I would have let you all know what was up earlier, but my PC croaked (of course :mad:) a week or so before the move got underway. I'm using my parent's IMac for now, which is totally alien to me, till I set up my old lap top. Don't know when I'll get the PC fixed because of $.
So, wish me luck, cause I'm gonna need it big time in the coming weeks/months. And I'd love to hear from ENWorlders that are in the tri state area (Danbury, CT- Poughkeepskie, NY- NYC even), because I'm hoping to get back into gaming once I'm back on my feet. I'll keep ya'll updated on my level of sanity. ;)

Ashwyn

First Post
It's nice to see you again! I wondered where you went. I'm sorry you had such a tough time of moving, but just keep going and don't let anything intimidate you into standing still.:)

And good luck!:)

DaveStebbins

First Post
Good to see you back AuroraGyps. With the move over, things are bound to improve and I'm sure you'll find everything you're looking for in time.

Ampolitor

Explorer
Heloo

Welcome back, I too am hardly here this season, Its halloween of course and Ive been at it creating my scares for the season plus work. Hope everything goes well, talk to ya laters!

AuroraGyps

First Post
It's not that I didn't like Buffalo, I loved it (although the local gov't is totally messed up these days). I had to move because I didn't do well there. It had tons to offer, like a great mass transit system, about a dozen colleges (which I still intend to eventually attend), I had a great job at a Wegmans that took me 10-15 minutes to walk to..... I just wasn't doing so well in the people dept. I still had no friends and spent most of my off time (which was since last Nov. when I went on dissability because of my emotional problems) reading or watching TV with my cat. I moved back in with my parents, to the same town I grew up in, to be nearer to family. I'm hoping by Jan., after the Holidays, I'll move into a small place of mine own that's much less than the 6+hour commute my Mom had to drive to see me in Buff. Hopefully with a smaller Social Services system down here than up there, I'll get better help and get back on my feet.
Living back down here is taking adjusting to. My stuff is mostly in storage and there's parent stuff where mine need to be put. It'll take a while to make my old room feel like "mine" (and I'm not talking redecorating the whole thing) and that'll help me feel better. Also, not having my cat isn't great. I don't miss her as much as I thought I would, partly thatnks to having my parent's dog here, but she has to stay with my Aunt & Uncle... for now at least. I'm more worried about her than me actually. She's usually the trooper and I'm a emotional wreck, but this time I'm taking it a bit better (ok, there have been some "disagreements" here) and she's very hidey and jumpy. That's so totally not her. I plan to visit her in a couple of weeks or so. I will say that she was very good during moving (except for peeing in my luggage when may back was turned... she SO knew something was going on) and during the 6+ hour car ride, with one tranqulizer (sp?) in her. She had a nice size training crate, with a small litter box, and she didn't make a big fuss or yowl... in fact she slept part of the way IN the litter box, which she did not use (she's got strong kidneys, I tell ya;) ), because it was the closest spot to me in the front passenger's seat (I wanted the thing turned around, but they wouldn't). I think I;m gnna call there tomorrow and talk to her on the speaker phone... she likes that and rubs against the phone and drools.

While I'm on here typing away... Ampolitor, do you think anyone in your old game group here would mind a new player? I mean, it's up to them first. I don't even know who you played with... although, if any of them have/had ties with my ex, it probably isn't even a good idea to look into it. Just thought I'd ask though, since there's no "geek central" in our town. ;) I will be going to The Dragon's Den Sunday to pick up a few comics. I mentioned that I'd moved back into "the area" (30 minute drive... our town's really crumby for any entertainment), that I was geek girl, gamer geek, etc... the guy asked, "what are ya doing Fri?".:D I told exactly where I live so he understood what a trek it'd be to go there a lot, but he seemed nice and it was nice to talk to someone that understood what I was talking about.

Ah well, I'll keep going on.... although where and how, I've no clue. :) Thanks for wishing me luck guys... I really do need it and it helps to know people are rooting for me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases