Legends of Samurai HC confusion

AntlerDruid

Explorer
I recently purchased the hardcover for "Legends of the Samurai" and I wonder if anyone can help me with how they interpreted the rules....

1) Kenza I am guessing ONLY get the spells on their element lists....do they get ALL the spells at each spell level on their element? For example, do Kenza with Air elemental spell list get all 3 Air spells at the 2nd spell level?

2) Kenza get Import Kami spells....If they do get ALL the elements spells at each spell level, why do they get this spell? Or does it allow them to cast elemental spells from other class spell lists? For example, could a Kenza with Fire element use an Import Kami II spell to ask for an Agannazar's Scorcher spell?

3) Can Maho cast ANY spell on their spell list with their spell points as long as they can cast that spell level spells? For example, can a 3rd level Maho cast ANY 2nd level Maho spell?

4) Why does the 5th level Ki power for Kenza say that Kenza can cast any 0-3rd level spells w/o paying the spell point cast if they have NO 0 level spells in the 1st place??!! Is it a Typo or are Kenza supposed to have 0 level spells???

Thanks for anyone who can help with these questions!!

Vigilance

Explorer
Askanipsion said:
I recently purchased the hardcover for "Legends of the Samurai" and I wonder if anyone can help me with how they interpreted the rules....

1) Kenza I am guessing ONLY get the spells on their element lists....do they get ALL the spells at each spell level on their element? For example, do Kenza with Air elemental spell list get all 3 Air spells at the 2nd spell level?

Yes, all spellcasting is spontaneous and you know all the spells.

2) Kenza get Import Kami spells....If they do get ALL the elements spells at each spell level, why do they get this spell? Or does it allow them to cast elemental spells from other class spell lists? For example, could a Kenza with Fire element use an Import Kami II spell to ask for an Agannazar's Scorcher spell?

This spell lets you pay the spell point cost for a spell in advance. You would pay the spell point cost when you cast the Importune spell, recover spell points, then cast it for "free" later.

3) Can Maho cast ANY spell on their spell list with their spell points as long as they can cast that spell level spells? For example, can a 3rd level Maho cast ANY 2nd level Maho spell?

Yes.

4) Why does the 5th level Ki power for Kenza say that Kenza can cast any 0-3rd level spells w/o paying the spell point cast if they have NO 0 level spells in the 1st place??!! Is it a Typo or are Kenza supposed to have 0 level spells???

A lot of people have pointed this out and its just one that slipped through the cracks. We are going to update the PDF shortly with 0 level spells for the Kenza.

Thanks for anyone who can help with these questions!!

Glad I could help.

Last edited:

AntlerDruid

Explorer
Vigilance said:
A lot of people have pointed this out and its just one that slipped through the cracks. We are going to update the PDF shortly with 0 level spells for the Kenza.

Glad I could help.

Okay great!

Thanks again for the clarification!!

Remove ads