Lost and found!

A

Agudo Archmage

A simple but funny note awaits a reader like you.

Like any wily adventure, we come upon time to time, many valuable and not so worthwhile things.

In my travels of new lands, do to my never-ending search to expand my humbly named writings called “Agudo History of the Realms books.”

I have collected several interesting artifacts, and a few in all honesty junk!

Never the less, if your Halfling grassy noel home, lacks one of the following, then this maybe the opportunity you been looking for.

Think about it!
None of the danger of acquiring these things, yet still the joy of a grand conversation peace, to impress your neighbors.

One sword stuck in a rock!

Simply put, in a rainy isle not to long ago. I was traveling along with my loyal snow owl Hoot.
When we came upon this …this… sword stuck in a rock.

I thought I was doing the local village a favor, by removing the weed tangled eye soar.

When the next thing I know, it’s the classic angry towns people, with fiery torches and pitchforks.

Screaming "what have you done? How will we ever choose a king?"
Blah Blah Balh.... :rolleyes:

Chasing sweet Lady Hoot and my always-helpful self, down the muddy road with it.

Sadly word has come to me that a politically savvy Mage by the name of Merlin.
Has put a bounty out on my head! Of all people can you imagine that!

Something to do with this Magelings need to manipulate that before mentioned village.

Just between you and me, its so he can put his puppet boy as king!
All the while this Merlin is the true power behind the throne.

In any case as you can see I need to get rid of it quick!
I will accept no less than 1200 silver coins or some neat babul to trade. Like a wand of getting my Wizardly self out of trouble.

By the way it has an inscription titled Excalibur… or some such.

One Gold Ring!

Lets just say friendship can be an odd thing.

One day I am having lunch with a fellow adventure and Arcane practitioner named Gandolf.
He has just introduced me to a plump Hobbit, with an unyielding taste for cholesterol clogging buttery bread.

When the little plump fellow shows this rather simple gold ring that he had found.
Well the next thing I know, Gandolf has this ghost white look on his face.

Mumbling something about it bringing out ones worst traits, and how dangerous this ring is.
The Hobbit nearly chokes on the rye bread he eating.
As he shakes with fear at Gandofs babbling.

Of course being my ever-helpful self once more.
I grabbed hold of the ring, saying in all honesty that I would get rid of it for them.
Just to calm everyone down from such a fright.

Back to the my statement of friendship can be an odd thing!

You would be surprised how fast those fat little Hobbits are, and who knew those butter knives could be so sharp!

Don’t get me started on what Gandolf did…..
All of a sudden he is pointing his staff at me and I am flying around the room like some drunken Pixie.

If it wasn’t for that Hobbit buttery fingers slicking up Gandolf’s staff.
Causing the in raged Gray Wizard bony fingers to lose his staff and me out the window.
I would have never made it to safety!

The Ring comes in a nice glass case and I will throw in for free Gandolf’s staff.
Serves him right!

I will never know what came over those two. Shhees… you would think it was for some epic quest or something.

All for the asking price of twelve Rogue stones or Kinglear necklaces of the same quantity.

Pair of Ruby slippers.

Lady Hoot thought it would be a good idea, if we joined the Lollypop Guild

You know the Lollypop Guild…. The Lollypop Guild …. La laaaaaa

O’ sorry ! Back to the sale.

I was walking along the yellow brick road when house of all things falls from the sky.

Well I see these shoes stuck under the house, and Hoot says "Pick them up, we can offer it to the Guild Boss."
Like always someone gets an Org in her bonnet.
This pigtailed little girl and her barking little mutt. Starts chasing us, saying "it’s my shoes I killed the which and I am the star of this Realm."

If that wasn’t bad enough the biggest, brightest pixie you ever saw.
Calling her self Glenda the good witch of the West.

Chased me into this castle with flying monkeys.
If you can believe that could ever happen. :embarrass

Price for the ruby slippers is …. One giant Pixie Swater ;)

From Agudo the traveling junk collector!

S

Ssussunriyh

Penned in a neat, precise hand in beautifully flowing script:

Dear Agudo,

Thank you once again for the magic carpet. It's lovely, but I've noticed that it seems to possess a mind of its own, and has a tendency to move from room to room... Anyway, regarding your latest offerings:

Sword stuck in a rock: No thanks, I have little use for tacky lawn ornaments.

Gold ring: No engraving or ornamentation whatsoever? Probably a wedding band that the halfling stole off a drunk or a corpse. How much for the wizard's staff, by itself?

Ruby-encrusted shoes: Egad! How tasteless, utterly tasteless. Which means that they'd fetch a high price from the ditsy trophy-wife of some flamboyantly wealthy merchant with pretentions to nobility. Advertise them in Sembia.

Very truly yours,
Lady Bianca Ssussunriyh.

Ruthia

First Post
FOUND

One Aweful looking set of Blue Robes Complete with Matching blue hat. Robe has some bird droppings on one shoulder but I believe these will wash out.

I found these one day on a dirt road in some out of the way kingdom. There was a older lady out doing wash at the time, but when I asked her about the robes all she could say was

"I want nothing more to do with that naked Mage!"

And she ran off in quite a state of fright.

I'll take 20 silver coins for the set, or a good pot of numbweed!

M

malik21

A dove from from a table of the Emporium to the boards.Just as it seems about to collide with the boards it explodes in a burst of feathers.As the feathers fall to the ground they reveal a little boy,about 12, examining the boards.Seeing the previous messages he tacks a letter on the wall.

Found!!!

In this very same place I spotted a golden amulet with a glowing sphinx on the back,There seems to be some magical power in the item and I am willing to give to someone for 5 gold.I also have various metal item up for grabs from my forge...AT VERY LOW PRICES

P.S. Agudo, if you would kindly bring me the sword so that I may examine it to see if I want to buy it.

In yet another show of feathers he flies back to his table waiting for a reply

A

Agudo Archmage

Three fanciful semi curled parchments, written in golden lettering.
Each with the names of each petitioner boldly imprinted on them, sits above the last three replies.

Letter 1
Ahh Lady Bianca Ssussunriyh.
Even your modest messages, radiate your eloquence of charm and beauty.
I am pleased to hear that your new flying carpet, is to your liking.

Now let us see about taming the roaming nature of such magical creations.
May I recommend using heavy furniture to keep it in place, until needed.
I still have a few of my unusual talking furniture, per haps the Germanic father clock?

It sings opera on the hour, and loves to be read the story about the mouse that ran up the clock.

Since you’re a loyal customer Lady Ssussunriyh, and you have shown interest in Gandof’s staff, I will sale it to you at near cost.
Say three hundred silver coins and six Rogue stones?

PS
Allow me to thank you for your recommendation, about advertising the ruby shoes in Sembia.
I will look into it as soon as possible!
Never the less I do think though that some wizard or sorcerer, be that male or female would be interested in them.
For you know how the magically inclined, enjoy gaudy jeweled rings and clothing.

With some embarrassment myself included! ;)

Your friend in the Light.
Agudo.

Letter 2
I see by the unsigned enchanted writing that a mischief’s dragon is about!
I propose it is none other than the famed comical caper herself…. Ruthia!

Fortunately for me I happen to have a good pot of numbweed on me and will gladly pay.
I do believe you know where my school is Lady Ruthia.
So please drop by for a royal prank of my own when you do old friend.

By the way I never said why my robes were blue and “White”.
Hay you carry a big owl and see how clean you stay!
And for the record,….
I have settled my legal responsibility, with the local constable do to my unforeseen sudden nudity. I have also apologized to the chambermaid.

Your most humiliated :embarrass friend in the Light Agudo

Letter 3

Why hello young lad (malik?)
I will be more than happy to show you the sword.
Even as you read this a Halfling messenger, is waiting near by to show you the stuck sword.

If interested please make your best offer.
For like I said I am in a hurry to get rid of it and good luck in finding a buyer for your charm.

On the bounty/lamb Agudo!

M

malik21

Seeing the halfling he examines the sword He returns to the boards and writes a simple message

225 gold

Doughvein Metil

S

Ssussunriyh

Agudo,

I have already tried securing the carpet with heavy furniture. It emitted a sound like a squeal and began to thrash about in what might be interpereted as pain. I also considered using carpet tacks, but it flew up into the ceiling joists and refused to come down until I put them away. I suppose its animated nature is something I'm just going to have to get used to.

Bianca.

C

Captain Binkle

Agudo,

It's your old friend, from down the coast.
I have not found what you seek,
But i have recently found a tomb of a ghost.
The place is rather bleek.

If you so desire, we could share a drink.
To calm the spirit and the mind.
Because how can one think,
When one is in such a bind.

Courage to all who follow.
Woe to those who hender.
Honor to those who are good of heart.
Death to those who strive for evil.

Your old friend,
Captain Waldo Binkle

P

Pipers Youth

OOC(OOOPS, DISREGARD THIS POST. I WASN'T FAMILIAR WITH THE RULES. THE WIZO ADMIN WILL DELETE THE POST SOON.)

T

The_Lawbringer

A rather small Elf in a heavy cloak appears one day and begins reading the boards. Interested, he leaves a message.

A ring you say? Hmm... I could use a few of those, my fingers are getting so torn up lately from my bow string... I await pick-up instructions.

Remove ads