Cantina Message Board - Decision Needed

W

WizO_Adele

I've carried this over from the archived boards. I do not believe the discussion was finished.

As some of you may have read, we had a discussion a while back about the Cantina and it's closure. The discussion is still on the boards I believe. The end result of the conversation was that the chat based Cantina did not have justifiable attendance to remain open. However, the message boards would remain untouched. Since that time, I have followed some of the threads on the Cantina Message Board. I have noticed that many players seem to desire a more open setting than the one we provide.

This raises several concerns for us. We do have a provided setting and some ideas are outside the realm of practical within that setting. We do not wish to hinder any role-playing opportunities though. So we are left with a bit of a pickle. That is where your comments come in.

Should the Cantina message board remain attached to the Cantina setting on the ISRP webpages then some of the current threads would need to be moved to the Map of the Planes, and those remaining on the Cantina board would have to remain within the scope of the defined setting. This would leave very few threads behind.

Or we can make it a general science fiction board and everyone can have more creative control over the threads there.

Which idea suits everyone best? Or do you have a better idea?

N

Niyarak

If we lose this last fragment of the Cantina as the setting, will we also lose the isrp Cantina setting info from the isrp pages? Then we would lose the guidence completely, even if we want to keep a thread in the Cantina realm...

Jetbomb24

First Post
While I feel that the cantina boards should remain on the rock in general, there is some instances where I have wished otherwise. The planes board is not well suited for sci fi adventures taking place outside of the defined setting. What might be an idea, which has probably been (I know it has in some capasity) is to make a non fantisy board. While one just for the "cantina era" would be a waste of bytes, the planes board is again overly swamped by fantisy set situations. Perhaps a RP board could be not just assigned for sci fi, but the "TMP era" and for anything that is not fantisy. That might be more threads then I might think at first, but I think it would be a boost to RPing.

W

WizO_Reesa

There is going to be a board for The Meeting Place specifically, so having a role-play board for all genres "not fantasy" would ruin the reason for that particular board, in my opinion. I think if a Sci-Fi board were created, it could be for all Modern-Science Fantasy type role-play that are set outside of a particular setting.

The question Adele is really asking is this:

Do you want something that is structured with a distinguished setting?

or

Do you want something that is more like Map of The Planes, based for Sci-Fi type stuff, that is not with a distinguished setting, something you control more freely?

Reesa

W

WizO_Adele

Any takers? I hate to have to make this decision on my own, but I will.

I'll start a poll. Please spread the word.

N

Niyarak

How feasible is it to keep the Cantina setting? I mean, how many people actually know the setting, players and wizos both? I love the Rock. I'm not sure whether I'd put this character in another setting. But it seems useless to keep it if it's a problem to run and the numbers ain't there. I can see that. :(

N.

W

WizO_Adele

It's feasible. I'm familiar with the setting as are several other hosts. It's no longer being used on the chat side, but I'm fine with having it on the boards. The chat was closed for lack of interest but the boards have always flourished.

The big issue is if we stick to the setting on the boards then several threads on the board are no longer appropriate and we'd have to restrict certain setting breaking actions.

Remove ads