I need help.

T

touch_of_life

I'm not sure what are the rules for the CRT, the Emporium or the other places. Also I think, that the laws should be changed to inlcued animals. Kinda like in reality, where there's the endangered animal act and other laws of the like. For example I play as wolf, it would be wrong for me to leap on a patron and maul them, but I would be ignored by the law if someone were to come along and kick me in my head. That's unfair and I think a change is needed.

"If death knocks on your door, will you be ready to answer it?"

S

Ssussunriyh

I think you're mistaken. There's no "official" ruling against animals anywhere on the site. It's just that certain characters* may not care for them.

For example, one of the bartenders in the CRT doesn't like to see animals roaming around loose inside the tavern, and will chase them away with a mop or a broom if they misbehave. Of course, she'll do the same thing to a human(oid) patron who misbehaves too, like sitting on top of the bar (instead of on a stool at the bar.)

*Please note: I said "characters" not "players of said characters" - there's a difference. Just because the character doesn't like it doesn't mean that the person who plays that character has anything against you personally. If you're having a problem with someone, the best thing to do is let them know about it via PM (Private Message, or the /tell command.) Most players are actually very understanding about such things, and will try to accomodate you. If that doesn't work, PM a site moderator (anyone with a "wizo" prefix on their screen name.)

If you're not sure what the rules are, look for the links in the banner above the chat window, with tags like "Juxta Homepages" or "CRT Homepages." These links will display pages with descriptions of the settings, general site rules, and so forth.

F

Fenmarel

The CRT does have IC laws where animals don't have the same rights as humunoids. IC you might not get justice for your animal character but if an OOC infraction occurs such as someone harassing you then that is different. There are no "law keepers" at the CRT just the "barkeeps"(WizO's) who make sure none of the house rules are broken and watch out for violations of the site rules. The reason for the animals not having the same rights is because the CRT is set in the Greyhawk campaign setting where these laws are already established. One thing to remember about the setting is that it isn't an enlightened world where animals have rights, shoot even women don't have alot of rights for that matter unless my knowledge of the setting is a bit dodgy on the women part.

W

WizO_Siani

Animal Rights in Greyhawk?

Being as I happen to be the Setting Coordinator for Greyhawk and the Tavern, perhaps I should say a word or two.

First, Fenmarel is correct.....the Laws of Greyhawk are posted in the OOC ISRP Ruling and Reference board, CRT Setting Updates thread. Those are the laws of the campaign world as published.

As Fen also points out...Greyhawk is anything but an elightened world. Its dark, gritty, and dangerous, and the large majority of people are ill educated with a good many having none at all. Think feudal Europe.

Only those beings defined as People are protected in the Domain of Greyhawk, in which resides the town of Ford Keep and the Crossroads Tavern. People are defined as Humans and Demihumans. Any other being is basically not protected under the laws of the Domain....though a Magistrate can make rulings on a case by case basis. Animals are a source of tradegoods in the Domain.....Teeth, Claws, Fur, Sinew, Bone....meat. Yes, even wolves and big cats.

Hope this clears things a bit.

WizO Siani

Remove ads