The Meeting Place - Discussions and so forth

W

WizO_Reesa

Welcome to the discussions regarding The Meeting Place ISRP's new D20 Modern Roleplaying room, which is coming soon.

I'm going to start this off with a new discussion, Menus for The Meeting Place. As you know, the meeting place is a Night Club, so what kinds of foods would you like to see served there?

I was thinking that your basic "bar" foods would be good, but I would love to hear what you guys would like to see served there.

What kinds of prices do you think would be good for the fare served?

Any kind of suggestion for what you'd like to see, the serving bot, etc?

Let's hear what you have to say! :)

Reesa

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

As for the food, I think basic bar foods would be a good way to go with this one. Something like fries, chips, fried chicken, the sorts of foods that are easy to eat without having to sit down, which fit right into a nightclub setting.

As for pricing, I'd suggest something a bit higher than the prices that are charged for such things in present day reality, to allow for the effects of economic inflation that takes place automatically over time. After all, the prices today are much higher than they were a few years ago.

As for the bots, of course a serving bot for food and drinks would be needed, maybe petterned after a modern day bartender of some sort. But I'd also like to see something like a dj, a bot that characters could make requests to like we can currently order food from the golems, I think that could add a certain touch of realism to the nightclub atmosphere.

But those are just my two cents on the matters.

W

WizO_Reesa

If I understand you correctly about the Bot, you're looking for one that will play music? So you can say, /tell dj !play rock and it'll list something like "The DJ plays some rock music for dancing"?

I think that's a cool idea. I'm not sure how involved we can make the bots though, but when I get some suggestions I'll go to Adele and ask her. :)

J

Jaya Ballard Balla'th

More of a general question, really, but...

Are we going to get the Boards before the room? Since the new Boards are done, yet the chat client's.. er.. in da makin'. o.o

W

WizO_Bailey

I actually thought the board was supposed to go up with the opening night. :( Maybe Adele will have a comment on that since she'll know the story.

And the suggestion for a DJ bot is really cool!

W

WizO_Reesa

My understanding is that there were some things that needed to be done prior to opening the D20 Modern board. To answer your question, Jaya, yes, we will be receiving the D20 Modern board before the creation of the room. At this point, however, I don't have an ETA for the boards.

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Originally posted by WizO_Reesa
If I understand you correctly about the Bot, you're looking for one that will play music? So you can say, /tell dj !play rock and it'll list something like "The DJ plays some rock music for dancing"?

That's one possibility, but depending on the actual practicality of that concept, I think I might have a simpler solution:

Set the bot on a timer, roughly three and a half minutes or so, the average length of a song, and have the bot announce at the given interval what type of music it is playing. Their could be a variety of preset types, like rock, rap, pop, etc., and perhaps it could be set to shuffle through the musical styles at random. Such an effect miught simulate the soundsystem that many night clubs utilize with a preset playlist when the can't have an "In House DJ".
That said, the WizOs could utilize the bypass system at hosted hours like is done currently with the golems, allowing a more "In House DJ" effect to be acted out, and at such hours, the "DJ" could take requests from the patrons.

But that's just my idea, I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how that would work in actual practice.

W

WizO_Reesa

I like that idea Thar, but I'm not sure if the Bots can be set on timers. I'll have to check with the powers that be on that one, but it's really something very good. :) I definitely like the "in house" dj idea. That's something we could utilize easily. :)

Jetbomb24

First Post
Buffalo wings, gotta have Buffalo wings. Other semi local and locally popular fair would be nice too, like garbage plates, blooming onions, white hots, to name a few.

Nugan

First Post
I like the DJ idea as well. I have a sugestion on how to make it work:

Why don't we have some players make DJ characters? That way the DJs would be able to take real song request and bring some of the personality to the club that real DJs would. It would also prevent the powers that be from having to program a special DJ bot.

I know there are a few problems with that idea (What happens if two DJs want to play at the same time, for example), but they could probably be overcome with some discussion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases