Juxta Needs YOU - All or nothin', cast yer vote, stand up and be counted

W

WizO_Adele

While I appreciate the sentiment and understand the plight of those that love Juxtaposition, the decision to remove the setting has been made and is final. There is just no way around it. It needs to go.

D

Dragona Nightsky

Look on the bright side, Nathan. While Juxta will be missed, it's not comepletely gone :)

WizO Adele from "The future of Juxtaposition-PreVote" said:
The setting information will remain in skeleton form on the ISRP webpages to serve as a reference guide for characters, occasional adventures and potential theme nights in Limbo.

So while it won't be a regular setting anymore, it'll still be around in some form. :D

W

WizO_Gabriel

If there is one constant in the universe, it is that change is inevitable.

Juxta has had its time in the sun and been home to many adventures, many dramas and many stories that folks will cherish and the people who participated in those will have those memories forever.

However it simply no longer has the draw and support it once did and its better to put it to bed now while people have fond memories of it than let it drag out longer and the fond memories are drowned out by less exciting times.

It's very well and good to love a setting and to want to save it, but the simple matter is that if you only support it or play in it to stop it vanishing then you're forgetting why it was there, to help people have fun.

And now its time for another room to takes its place. Nobody's saying you can't still write stories about Juxta, that contributions to it haven't mattered, but now that it's time for a new room to take it's place.

So lets not dwell on the passing of the old but rather look forward to new adventures and new stories within our new setting. As Dracona pointed out, it's not like Juxta is going to be erased from all existance, just faded into the background.

Chitara

First Post
Memory Lane...

Twice while playing in the realm of Juxta I met players whom I consider dearer to me than most people I know both online and in real life.

One in particular I met when he pulled the classic newbie attention seeking trick of trying to pull a suicide...
Of course if I knew enough about the setting at the time I would have known that by the time my character reached him, he should have vanished. If the other player had bothered to read the site either, he wouldn't have let his character's "pity me" actions get so far. (Of course it turned out to be fake anyway... of course...)
No one bothered to point that out to me, I wonder if anyone bothered to point that out to him, back then.
I don't think that player has time much to play anymore. At least, I haven't seen or heard of him in, let alone actually in Juxta.

Very few people bothered to play to the setting that I noticed, even back then. Except for the Sonic Attack. And that because the authorities of the time drummed it into us.

The times I do play now, the Emp when I go has less than a handful of people. Many times it has none at all.

Juxta will aways hold a special place in my heart and memory for some of the things it gave me. My character is trapped in that world, to remain trapped there.

But I don't play there anymore. Even if I am in the Emp, I have not found inspiration to play a story of Juxta. The stories I do sometimes enter into could be on pretty much any fantasy world. And the location is treated like any old fantasy world, even when players do try to educate...

It will exist for those who seek it (in Limbo). That they are keeping the info is more than some sites would do.

I am sorry amigo. I am letting it go.

- Chitara

Remove ads