Voting on Setting Changes

W

WizO_Adele

I agree with everyone that the decision for one setting is highly dependant on what is decided on the other, so I want to know how you want to run the voting for this.

Option A. Run both votes concurrently.
Option B. Vote on Juxta first, then Greyhawk.
Option C. Vote on Greyhawk first, then Juxta.
Option D. Something else entirely, but what?

Yes, I'm actually making a poll out of voting. *chuckle*

If you vote for option D, I expect to see an explanation of your meaning posted in this thread, otherwise I won't be able to interpret it.

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

My vote goes to figuring out the result for Juxta's replacement first. The voting concerning the CRT and Greyhawk will likely hinge more on the result of the Emporium/marketplace room enough to make deciding that necessary for many to form a full opinion.

D

Dragona Nightsky

Tharivious_Meliamne said:
My vote goes to figuring out the result for Juxta's replacement first. The voting concerning the CRT and Greyhawk will likely hinge more on the result of the Emporium/marketplace room enough to make deciding that necessary for many to form a full opinion.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

Q

Qijdi_Goldwing

Tharivious_Meliamne said:

Deuces Wild There Thar.... :cheer:

Bigger things first please......

Qij.

Dontella

First Post
I'm all for, somethings else entirely..

Let's just put all the settings up in one poll.. and see what gets the most.. for example.

1. Eberron
2. Sigil
3. Forgotten Realms
4. Merging Rooms

And thus keep it simple?

W

WizO_Raven

That could work. We just want to ensure that there is no confusion of the issues or the options.

Thus the options either way, you guys'll get help decide the fate that befalls the settings in question.

Nevine

First Post
Dontella said:
Let's just put all the settings up in one poll.. and see what gets the most.. for example.

I..don't understand. Elaborate?

I don't think all the options could fit on one poll since we are determining the fate of two rooms. I just don't get how we could put all the options from the prevote threads on a single poll, each room has to have its own outcome.

Edit:

Adele,

Er.. If by some chance "run both votes concurrently" wins and we get conflicting results, what happenes?

Example: Juxta is chosen to merge with Ford Keep/CRT and CRT is voted to become a stricter setting. It makes no sense for fiends and whatnot to cavort around the town and Domain, but no sir! Not in this one little tavern!

That option just seems to work against itself and bound to propagate delays.

"Something else entirely" suffers from this as well, 5 votes and only one person has answered the "but what?" Unless, they're all agreeing with Dontella (or they are conveying it privately)..which is possible. We could be dealing with X different ideas here and then we'd end up with another poll with these same options, plus X more if everyone has their own idea.

W

WizO_Adele

Nevine, in your example if Juxta were chosen to merge into Greyhawk, and the Setting Restricted Greyhawk proposal were chosen we would need to run a third and final poll, to determine if the merged areas would also apply the Setting Restricted proposal.

In other words, it's possible to have two fantasy areas set in greyhawk, where a tavern themed area has a stricter enforcement level than the marketplace themed area. They'd be in the same setting, but have different enforcement levels.

Dontella is the only one to convey her intention in her something else entirely vote. Others should as well. I should be able to edit the poll to add additional choices... I hadn't thought much about that yet...

Anyway, to address Dontella's selection straightforward:

If the request is to hold one large vote and the two most popular choices become the two new settings, I think that would be rather messy, because conflicting settings would exist in the same poll. In other words the two Greyhawk proposals could in theory win, which would be really hard to implement. They need to remain two separate polls, each identified and associated with a current setting area.

If the request is to hold one large vote and the result be one entire new setting, and just one setting, I'm not keen on that either. We need two settings (four main rooms). If in the future, we want to pursue eliminating a setting completely and dropping down to one setting (two rooms) we can discuss that. However, it's not on the table right now.

F

Fancypants

WizO_Adele said:
If the request is to hold one large vote and the result be one entire new setting, and just one setting, I'm not keen on that either. We need two settings (four main rooms). If in the future, we want to pursue eliminating a setting completely and dropping down to one setting (two rooms) we can discuss that. However, it's not on the table right now.

Why isn't it on the table? If we have only one setting with two rooms, then it will be easier to find storytelling partners, and everyone can focus on getting real good at the setting that we pick. Too many setting is kinda confusing, and too many rooms means I have to hunt around for people to play with. I don't always have a bunch of time, but I still want to play :(

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases