The setting of Forgotten Realms - Miscellaneous - PreVote Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WizO_Adele

The setting of Forgotten Realms has been selected by a majority vote to replace the setting of Juxtaposition as a main chat room setting in ISRP.

The purpose of this discussion is to present any additional items (aside from location, which is covered elsewhere) that you feel warrant additional discussion and/or voting.

During the discussion I will attempt to provide feedback as promptly as possible in regards to the requests. At the end of the discussion the requests will be compiled, given a cursory look over by the ISRP team, and presented for additional votes as necessary.

This discussion will ideally close by Wednesday July 13, 2005.

Nevine

First Post
As much as I don't mean to derail things here. But, before we vote on location, now is probably a good idea for the "level of restriction" vote.

WizO_Adele said:
* For our proposal of one strict setting and one relaxed setting to work the new setting needs to have a large range of suitable character types and powers, and allow for them to appear mainstream.

If this is still true from the Juxta prevote, anyway. Either have the Greyhawk vote (since it's being discussed anyway) and let FR default. Or FR and let Greyhawk default. Or a seperate vote for both if this idea has been abandoned.

Ultimately, it'll help us by letting us know what we have to work with. If for some reason a divine power decides to punish us by letting Corm Orp win and the room ends up being the "anything goes" one.. Well, that doesn't make much sense, does it? Basically, it'll keep us from having to warp the original idea/concept behind a location because of a yet undecided factor.

Just an idea.

R

Rhane Arturant

Well, since Greyhawk is a relatively low-magic setting and FR is a very high-magic setting, I figure the logical thing to do would be to pick a place in FR that is very high-magic/anything-goes and make Greyhawk the low-level, low magic setting that it is.

The only problem is really finding a place in Faerun or somewhere that caters to the diversity of characters that people like to play.

rucaro

First Post
Crime

I agree that we need to be diverse, so many people play the would be rare classes. I also think that we should acknowledge some of the crimes and such, I think we need more reknown Villians besides just the clicks that we all have. there are to many Drizzt's and no Entreri's. I think it would be fun to have something like the viles once did, where the players can not just snap and the problem goes away.

eblis

First Post
The existance on a highly visible evil isn't up to the wizos, its up to the players. The Viyach Lemarg (viles/ilyes) were a player group. THey worked for a while because they were well organised, had faults/death risk and had enough people coopperating OOC for evil IC.
They failed because commuication and leadership broke down, some of them god-moded/cheated, were lying even to ther own group and they lost the respect of the other players.

So if you want reknow villains, create them. But keep in mind that it's the weaknesses as well as the strengths that make characters interesting.

J

JudeSedai

Yeah, it's not really fun for folks to play villians because they're constantly at risk for getting attacked or killed. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't hang out on ISRP to get attacked (that having been said, it's happened, though NOT to the sole villian I play). Certainly if some folks WANTED to play villians, it would be fine....but aye, weaknesses, mortality, ect are sort of important.

On another note, Cystuni, I believe, mentioned something on the other setting thread regarding folks willing to play vendors. I myself would not be adverse to playing a few, especially given that the setting IS Forgotten Realms. I've got a scribe, a bookbinder, a weaver (all of which have magical skills beyond this, so magical items are not out of the question) and the potential for a few more floating around. I know for a fact that I'm not the only one. There's still a few folks who run shops in the current Emporium that might be interested in moving.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads