TMP- News Stories

NYC News

First Post
International Child Slavery Ring Broken

[CLOSE-UP OF REPORTER, BACKGROUND IF WHITE HOUSE PRESS ROOM]
<f/x background chatter, subdued>

"The FBI is at the White House Press Room to make an announcement, however officials are being tight-lipped over the actual content of the briefing - going so far as to not pre-release any materials other than the name speaker's name: Special Agent Laura Jarron."

"The last and only time Special Agent Jarron was a press conference in February dealing with an alleged slave trading ship off the coast of California. Our research has been able to find little else of her career in the FBI. Ms. Jarron was recruited straight from the Univeristy of Colorado into the academy at Quantico Virginia."

"I can see the Deputy Press Secretary for the FBI is walking to the podium, so let's cut to his remarks."

[CAMERA CUTS TO MAN BEHIND LECTERN]

"... you for coming. In recent months, FBI has been working to develop additional leads in after the recovery of a Chinese-flagged freighter off the coast of San Francisco. Since then, we have managed to find the root sources of this trade inside the United States and abroad."

"At this point I'd like to turn this briefing over to the lead investigator from the New York field office, Special Agent Laura Jarron."

[WOMAN STEPS UP BEHIND LECTERN]
<f/x slight paper rustling as she settles in>

"Thank you. At this time, we have in custody thirty-three members of the Yatashiko Yakuza family both here and abroad. In addition, records of a financial and other operational nature from the offices of Yashamini International Adoptions are being seized in their offices in seven countries. While it is too early to say the organization as a whole is rolled up, we at the FBI have no doubt today's arrests and raids will put a significant crimp into their operational plans.

"While I can not and will not comment on specifics of the current investigation, I'll open the floor to questions."

Q: "How many people in total does the FBI believe were part of this network?"
A: "Our current best estimate is over one hundred well-informed participants were involved."

Q: "How many children were kidnapped as a result of this ring?"
A: "We haven't got a solid number yet; the current count is over one thousand."

Q: "Is it more than five thousand?"
A: "We don't know."

Q: "Where did the information come from?"
A: "No comment."

Q: "Ms. Jarron, it's reported you worked undercover for two years. What can you tell us about that?"
A: "Nothing."

Q: "A follow-up question: Who is Vinchenzo Tutinski?"
A: "No comment."

Q: "Have any members of the board at Yashamini International Adoptions been implicated?"
A: "Among others, the CFO of Yashamini International has been arrested."

Q: "What is that person's name?"
A: "Yatashiko, Turi. Last name is spelled Y-A-K-A-S-H-I-K-O, first name T-U-R-I."

Q: "Any others?"
A: "We'll be releasing that and other information in a press packet in a few hours."

Q: "Are the Yatashiko clan slayings in Edmonton related to this?"
A: "We have no information at this time that they are related."

Q: "Can we expect further arrests?"
A: "I hope so."

"We will continue to develop leads in this case and follow them to conclusion. Thank you."

LPCampbell

First Post
New York City, New York, USA (AP)
September 19, 2033

Visiting Egypt-based archaeologist Anna Howard was attacked on her way home from a club early this morning. The identity of the attacker remains unknown and no suspects are currently in custody.

Professor Howard was able to escape with the aid of an unidentified individual and was taken to the hospital with severe injuries.

Despite her injuries, she was released into the care of Weston Nielson Chandler and Dr. Adrian Seth at approximately 10:30 am. When asked to comment, both Mr. Chandler and Dr. Seth declined.

LPCampbell

First Post
News Story

September 22, 2033

Georgia-born Elise Baxter was shot late last night while in the company of Weston Nielson Chandler. The second incident of violence connected to the Chandler Enterprises CEO in the past week ended in tragedy when Baxter died on the scene.

The attack echoes the unsolved murder of Chandler’s wife Carmen Montero-Chandler six years ago.

Chandler was unavailable for comment, but his close friend and Chandler Enterprises Security Chief Charles Roscoe stated, “Wes and Lisa were real close. Close as two people can be. We’re giving him all the support we can right now.”

When questioned about the attack on Anna Howard last Wednesday, Roscoe said, “We don’t know if Anna’s attack and Lisa’s murder were connected. We're still waiting to see what the police tell us.”

No suspects are currently in custody, but Chandler was taken in for questioning early this morning and released a few hours later.

NewsBreak

First Post
September 22, 2033

A violent break-in at the city morgue in the early hours of the morning has left at least three city employees in critical condition.

It is unclear what the goal the perpetrators of the crime had in mind, though certain facts surrounding the pre-dawn vandalism suggest ghoulish possibilities. Several of the corpses being held in the fascility were dismembered or otherwise violated, and at least two were missing entirely.

The only witnesses to the crime are currently unavailable for either comment or questioning, and the names of the deceased who were the secondary victims of the bizarre attack have been withheld.

NewsBreak

First Post
October 16, 2033

Recent events have left the possibility of cheating death as just one more of New York's attractions.

Georgia-born Elise Baxter, until recently thought the victim of an anonymous shooting nearly a month ago, has found the proverbial new lease on life. Though supernatural in its appearance, Ms. Baxter's return was readily explained to this reporter by detective Eric Shaw, presiding over the unusual case.

"Ms. Baxter, though it may be a shock to some of her more recent acquaintances, was highly involved in one of Louisiana's more notorious crime rings. Though of course," he added. "We are not at liberty to discuss exactly what her involvement was. When a 'branch', so to speak, of that ring relocated itself to New York, Ms. Baxter was kind enough to come to us with the offer of helping to eradicate the problem before it became too deeply ingrained."

"Her position was unfortunately compromised, however. Rather than relying on our witness protection efforts, Ms. Baxter apparently decided to go through the effort of faking her own death. Rather melodramatic, if you ask me, but as the information she was able to bring us lead to the speedy disruption of another branch of organized crime before it began to take a firm hold; I'm not going to complain."

When questioned on the whole affair, Ms. Baxter replied only with the following: "I'm sorry beyond words for all the pain I caused. Had there been another way, such drastic steps would have never crossed my mind. I'm only glad it's all behind me now, and I have the strength of my friends to fall back on."

New_York_Post

First Post
Central Park Animal Attacks

Central Park Animal Mauling (AP)

Over the past week, two people have been viciously attacked by what witnesses have described as a large dog in Central Park, between the Pool and the Great Hill. Authorities have not reported closings to any portions of the park, but animal control officials have been unable to locate the animal, and one source indicated that they believed the animal must be living in the sewers under the park. Mounted police are increasing night time patrols in an effort to identify the animal and prevent any more attacks.

KEye News

First Post
News Story

March 27, 2033
Lives Lost in Restaurant Fire
New York City, New York (AP)

Popular Italian restaurant Antoni’s burned Friday night. Despite alleged accounts from witnesses, police have not confirmed the claim that the blaze was started by firebombs. Authorities have provided no comment on what started the fire.
The blaze claimed three lives: 57 year old ballet choreographer Antoinette Bonaly, 36 year old mortgage broker Susan Grennville and 49 year old head chef Tony Puma. Memorial services for all three will be held next Saturday.
Other patrons are in critical condition, but reportedly expected to recover. Names of these casualties have been withheld by authorities.

The three fatalities are mourned by their friends, families and co-workers.
“Susan was wonderful and generous. She’d give the shirt off her back and bend over backwards to help out our clients,” comments Mary Bartholomew, manager of the Chase bank where Grennville was employed.
Pierre Caron, director of American Ballet Theater’s current show Swan Lake, says of Bonaly, “She will be much missed. Madame Bonaly was one of the best choreographers we ever had. She was much beloved of the dancers who worked with her.”
“Even if the building were still standing, Antoni’s just wouldn’t be the same without Tony. He orchestrated everything in the kitchen flawlessly,” Antoni Pisano, owner of Antoni’s, states. When asked if Antoni’s will be rebuilt, Pisano commented that he has not yet decided.

Merto

First Post
Mental Patient Escapes Caretakers

Mental Patient Escapes Caretakers
April 3, 2033

A color picture of Morte is posted

A mental patient by the name of Morte Reneir eluded his caretakers at New York Institution for the Criminally Insane early this morning. Please be advised, Morte is a highly dangerous individual, contact should be avoided. If sighted, please alert the authorities.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RESTRAIN OR OTHERWISE SUBDUE THIS INDIVIDUAL

UPDATE

Escaped mental patient Morte Reneir turned himself in and is no longer at large. Thank you for your time and efforts to keep others and yourselves out of danger.

Last edited:

Magi_Brigid

First Post
United Nations reveals long-kept secret

Page A1 beneath the fold

United Nations reveals long-kept secret

Callista Dare, Associated Press

New York—The United Nations unveiled one of its best kept secrets at a much-awaited press conference this morning. The United Nations Supernatural and Extraterrestrial Investigative Corps (UNSETIC) has finally been revealed to the public.

UNSETIC was created approximately thirty-five years ago in secret, comprised of some of the best and brightest minds available in the field. Many of them were drawn from the ranks of various securities and military agencies, including the FBI and British Intelligence.

Most agents working the field live double lives, said James McCullough, current director of the agency.

“It’s been a matter of necessity for most. We’ve operated in utter secrecy for thirty-five years; it’s very nice to finally be able to admit to our involvement in the agency and be recognized for the work we’ve done over the past three decades.”

McCullough, 45, has been with the agency for twenty-five years. He was recruited while attending the University of Chicago, where he had been pursuing a degree in criminology and psychology. The director is not alone in his involvement with the agency.

“I found out after I joined that my father had been part of the agency almost since the beginning. It’s become something of a family affair since then.”

McCullough’s sister and brother are both confirmed senior agents in UNSETIC.

Local bar owner and operator Brigid O’Connell, who holds the rank of commander in the United States Navy, is also a confirmed senior agent in the organization. She was unavailable for further comment at the time of press, but did confirm her association with UNSETIC.

With the public acknowledgement of the agency’s existence have come some changes. Where once UNSETIC operated completely in secret with few full-time agents, organizational changes are on the menu for the agency, McCullough confirmed.

“We’re in the process of setting up a tip line and a web site so the public can alert us to possible cases.”

When asked if he was worried about pranksters and false reports, McCullough laughed.

“We’ve gotten pretty good at separating the wheat from the chaff, and we’re going to be getting a big influx of interns—a promise from the Secretary General. I’m not worried about getting overwhelmed anytime soon. The time seemed right to surface, people seemed ready, and serious about the issues at hand. I’m hoping that we haven’t misjudged the current atmosphere and fairly confident that we haven’t.”

Further information at this time is available through the United Nations Public Relations office.

RandomNews

First Post
Local Artist Comatose After Serious Accident

Damien Gainnes, age 25, is currently listed in critical condition at St. Mary's after he was struck by a drunk driver on Tuesday. Gainnes is a recent transplant from Chicago, fairly known for his classical style in painting and drawing.

The driver who has a long history of DUIs, sustained no injury, while Gainnes was airlifted to the local ER and then transfered to St. Mary's. He is not expected to survive. Information can be obtained through Gainnes' laywer, James Gleason, contact number 346-555-9874.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases