Is Pool of Radiance (D20 adventure) ok to run my group through?

reveal

Adventurer
My group consists of 5 - 5th level characters:

Half-Orc Paladin
Human Monk
Halfling Rogue/Sorcerer
Dwarven Cleric
Half-Elf Ranger

PoR says that it is for a group of 4 - 6th level characters. Is it ok to run for 5 - 5th level characters? I know I can always scale stuff down, but can this be played "out of the box" with a group like this?

Also, for those who have played it, how is it? Is it even worth running?

Thanx!

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I bought it, but wish that I hadn't. Having read it I was very disappointed, and there is no way that I would run it. I think it is a poorly designed and poorly built adventure, which doesn't suit the levels it is aimed at.

The PC's only get to play "back up" to the main adventure in the computer game anyway, and they will meet things which, if properly played, will annihilate them.

Regards,

Solarc

First Post
Pool of Radience

You will probably have to Nerf the monsters a bit. I ran it with a group of 7 - 7th level charactrers with a bit of an upgrade in some of the encounters... but I think a couple of encounters will be hard for your players if they are only 5th level.

I did enjoy the adventure, but I modified the some of the text so that my PCs were the center of attention. If you run it as is... PS is right... PCs will feel ssidelined.. but it's relatively easy to modify so your PCs don't feel like they are second fiddles. I'd say more about it but don't want to spoil the adventure for anyone who would like to play it.

Solarc

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases