MSNBC 'expert' suggests DnD played a roll in the Pamela Vitale murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shemeska

Adventurer
On 'The Abrams Report' on MSNBC, I just overheard one of their so-called experts out of nowhere suggest that Dungeons and Dragons had a roll in the murder of Daniel Horowitz's wife, apparently because there was a 'gothic symbol' carved into the dead woman's back, and the suspect arrested today was a teenager. The 'expert' made some vacuous reference to 'like cases that happened in the 80s'. Lovely...

Of course this is MSNBC, so probably all of 8 people in the country were actually watching tonight to hear that tripe, but bad press for DnD is bad press, and while it's nowhere near the idiocy of the 1980's, it still sucks.

And for the record, I don't have a clue why I had MSNBC turned on. It's 4:32AM, and I just wanted something on the tv for background noise. It got my attention though when it spouted that line. *sigh*

babomb

First Post
Aaron L said:
Personally, I think that football played a role in her murder.

Nope, violent videogames murder simulators. This was obviously done by a boy who played Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas when he was only 17, the minimum suggested age for games rated M (Mature). Clearly, he lacked the maturity and experience of an 18-year-old required by the game's revised rating of AO (Adults Only).

Blaming videogames is the new blaming D&D.

Fenris

Adventurer
Police are actually saying it was drug related. The boy was part of a huge pot growing ring and thought parts had gotten delivered to the housing site. But who cares what the police say, it isn't as sensational as a "D&D murder" right. :confused:

Del

First Post
The err.. "gothic symbol" was a cross.

edit: not entirely sure what kind of cross

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads