Business Practice

Should publishers be able to link to retailers of thier products.

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man-thing

First Post
Right now, EN World a "news and review site" by their own definition has launched its own e-publishing retailer and forbidden publishers to post links to any other sites that their products can be sold.

Jim Hague

First Post
Ah. I think this's being discussed over in the Publishing forum, actually. Given that it's not really applicable to games or roleplaying, you might want to have this moved there.

Man-thing

First Post
It's very applicable to the purchasing of roleplaying games and discussing where you can get them. I also think this is potentially a big issue that could be swept under the rug by moving it to the publishers forum. PLus I'm not a publisher, but a concerned customer.

Wystan

Explorer
I think the question is academic. It is their site and they can censor the forums as they please. It makes sense if their store is to assist with the upkeep of the site to push their own site and not others.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I'll do you one better - I'll move it to the portion of the forums it's SUPPOSED to be under. :)

Keeping in mind that (like other polls of this nature in the past) the forums follow Russ' rules rather than a democratic majority, but as long as discussion is civil, and doesn't call people out, then feel free to discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads