Going back to the roots...

Ravenknight

First Post
Yesterday I spent the entire day inside the local gaming store teaching DnD to kids. Me and the wife put up a small scenario using Master Maze from Dwarvenforge and miniatures. All and all it was only ten rooms so I thought it would be easy enough to go through in a descent amount of time. Of course I was wrong.! It took eight hours of constant battle, laughter and chaos.
And You know what.? I haven´t had so much fun playing for a long time. These kids didn´t knew the rules, neither did any of them have any previous RPG experience but they made up for it with entusiasm.

It made me remember the early days and the magic I felt everytime I opened a new module or gamed at my friends homes. Sadly It feels like me and the regular group I´m in have lost something of this during the years.

So if You ever feel sort of burnt out of gaming, try and learn it to the younger crowd.
Oh and be sure to bring som Aspirin since the noiselevel in the room went to extreme hights during some combats.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Ravenknight said:
It made me remember the early days and the magic I felt everytime I opened a new module or gamed at my friends homes. Sadly It feels like me and the regular group I´m in have lost something of this during the years.
I'm sure you'd get tired of it if it was your regular group that played like this! You're right though, on the fortunate (and ultra rare) occasions where I can run a game like this, it has been hella fun.

Kuld

Explorer
Good! Glad you had fun.

I know exactly what you mean about the magic. I remember when my friend’s mom would take us down to the gaming/comic book store. We would spend the better part of the day there and love every second of it.

On the rare occasion that we had enough money to buy something, other than dice, it was very exciting indeed.

Ravenknight

First Post
wedgeski said:
I'm sure you'd get tired of it if it was your regular group that played like this! You're right though, on the fortunate (and ultra rare) occasions where I can run a game like this, it has been hella fun.
Yup. It would get tiresome rather quick I guess. But still it was an experience. And something I will do again.. Sometime when my old ears and head have recovered... :)

Remove ads