Armageddon is upon us! (Not really)

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/11/06/israel.ancient.church.ap/index.html

To share just the beginning of the story:

MEGIDDO PRISON, Israel (AP) -- Israeli prisoner Ramil Razilo was removing rubble from the planned site of a new prison ward when his shovel uncovered the edge of an elaborate mosaic, unveiling what Israeli archaeologists said Sunday may be the Holy Land's oldest church.

So, they've found an ancient buried church right by the sight of the biblical Armageddon--possibly the oldest church in the region. Now, I find this whole thing fascinating, but I have to wonder...

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like the beginning of a horror movie? ;)

(Or a D20 Modern, WoD, or CoC campaign...)

Zappo

Explorer
The guy got two years of forced labor - for traffic violations? What did he do, leave an oil tanker in a no parking area? Or is this one of the bits where I'm missing something and traffic violations is like contraband?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Lady_Acoma said:
But I like chickens better then demons! I want the killer chickens! :confused:

Well, why can't they be killer chicken-demons? Let loose the vrocks of war!

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Umbran said:
Well, why can't they be killer chicken-demons? Let loose the vrocks of war!

Hmm. Pazuzu, the middle-eastern god-turned-demon (last seen in the various Exorcist movies) has a bird head and wings. Obviously there is a connection! Man, I wish I was running an occult conspiracy game right now....

Aust Diamondew

First Post
I'm pretty sure it says something in the bible about the twelve tribes of Israel gathering on Mount Armageddon before the world ends. So unless various people from across the globe gather to check out this church we're probably in the clear ;)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
WayneLigon said:
Hmm. Pazuzu, the middle-eastern god-turned-demon (last seen in the various Exorcist movies) has a bird head and wings. Obviously there is a connection! Man, I wish I was running an occult conspiracy game right now....
And Pazuzu was historically associated with pestilence...

Demiurge out.

demiurge1138 said:
And Pazuzu was historically associated with pestilence...
Not surprising - has anyone else here ever cleaned out a chicken coop?
icon_oak.gif

Remove ads