Current Conversion Requests

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Perhaps. I'll have to check once the CC returns.

Nope, not a cut/paste error. I found a cached version of the CC overview, and those two plus the Armadillephant were added on April 1st. (But without a corresponding post in the "10 more creatures added to the CC" thread, which is why I was confused.) :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Nope, not a cut/paste error. I found a cached version of the CC overview, and those two plus the Armadillephant were added on April 1st. (But without a corresponding post in the "10 more creatures added to the CC" thread, which is why I was confused.) :)

Ahh...I remember now. It was my attempt to get something up for April Fools Day. It was in a separate thread. Sorry for the confusion!

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
No problem. I'm only confused because the CC is broken, which means I'm having to be a little creative in figuring out what's been added recently :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
I feel your pain. ;)

I'm going through your individual unconverted lists to see if you've missed anything. So far...you've missed nothing!

Erdrick Dragin

Banned
Banned
Kupuk Fix and Tirichik

Looking through the Creature Catalog, I've noticed a number of creatures that belong in the Crypt since they have been statted by WotC already.

I also see a number of creatures not updated to 3.5 and it'd be nice to see those worked on before anything else.

In particularl, the kupuk needs updating AND fixing. No feats are listed, for an error point out.

I personally request the tirichik. I attempted to convert it myself, so here's what I have done with it so far. Play with it as you wish.

TIRICHIK
Gargantuan Magical Beast (Cold)
Hit Dice: 13d10+130 (201 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), climb 20 ft. (4 squares), burrow 15 ft. (3 squares)
Armor Class: 23 (-4 size, +2 Dexterity, +15 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 21
Base Attack/Grapple: +13/+36
Attack: Bite +20 melee (3d6+11)
Full Attack: Bite +20 melee (3d6+11), 2 tentacles (2d6+5)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./15 ft. (20 ft. with tentacles)
Special Attacks: Stretch attack
Special Qualities: Blindsense 120 ft., darkvision 60 ft., icewalking, immunity to cold, tremorsense 60 ft., vulnerability to fire
Saves: Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +9
Abilities: Str 32, Dex 15, Con 29, Int 4, Wis 16, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +19, Hide* +5 (+13 in snowy regions), Listen +11, Move Silently +16, Spot +11
Feats: Improved Natural Attack (bite), Improved Toughness, Improved Overrun, Iron Will, Power Attack
Environment: Cold Plains, Hills, Mountains
Organization: Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating: 10
Treasure: None
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Advancement: 14-26 HD (Gargantuan); 27-40 HD (Colossal)
Level Adjustment: ---

Icewalking (Ex): This ability works like the spider climb spell, but the surfaces the dragon climbs must be icy. It is always in effect.

Stretch Attack (Ex): Once every other round, the tirichik can elongate its neck and strike like a snake. This gives it a +2 bonus to its attacks, but it suffers a -2 penalty to AC until the end of its next turn, as it spends time reattaching its neck back in place.

Skills: Gains a +8 racial bonus to Listen, Hide, Move Silently, and Spot checks. In snowy regions, the bonus to Hide increases to +16.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Erdrick,

We've placed a lower priority on 3e->3.5 updates versus conversions from past editions, as it's often easier for a DM to make the small transition than a full conversion from a different ruleset. That said, we do have a "CC Overhaul" thread that has lied dormant for awhile, which I can revive to work on the kupuk and others.

Some of the creatures in the CC haven't gone to the Crypt, despite WoTC conversions. Most of those were in the Tome of Horrors, or were "grandfathered in" via the gentlemens' agreement with WotC when the CC began.

Erdrick Dragin

Banned
Banned
Oh I see, cause I see Uldra on the list and it was clearly done in 3.5e's Frostburn. I saw a few others, as well, and thought they were better off in the Crypt.

As for the 3.0 to 3.5, I see. I'll check out the overhaul thread in the meantime, then, maybe I can help out with that.

KingPain

First Post
Death Minnow

Thanks for all of your work, I really appreciate it. Would it be possible to add the Death Minnow. It appeared in Monstrous Compendium Annual 4 and I think Dragon #235. Happy Easter.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Thanks for all of your work, I really appreciate it. Would it be possible to add the Death Minnow. It appeared in Monstrous Compendium Annual 4 and I think Dragon #235. Happy Easter.

I'll queue it up after we finish the Knight-Terror in the Dragon thread.

Thanks!

Remove ads