E1: Tomb of Chaos [Judge: Patlin] [Concluded]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Ishmael turns Courage to face their ambushers. He leaned low in his saddle and let the Warpony charge him toward their enemy. He pointed the length of his lance up to impale his target. But he fails miserably (plus whatever other effects the GM sees fit)

Lance +8, +2 for charge (1d20+10=11)

Erekose13

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: I was posting that last post at the same time as you, Erekose. I hope my mage armor spell holds, although, of course, Gorefoot will have stayed with the arcanists. Am I reading that map backwards? I thought we were hiding behind the rocks at the upper right of the map, and that the brown part was behind the doors. The doors are shut tight, but we are on both sides of them. Do the doors go underground?

[OOC: Ack you're right. I have moved the three of you over to there. The mound is not too high so you can see over it and it provides 3/4 cover.

Spell has been applied to Gorefoot prior to the begining of combat.

The doors lead into the hill side, I had put you up on the hill top. But you are correct you should be over near the rocks.

Re: next post, coming in the next couple of hours.

IcyCool

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Spell has been applied to Gorefoot prior to the begining of combat.

OOC: Umm, are you referring to the mage armor spell that Percy wanted to cast on Rodimus? If so, I'd prefer not to have her waste it on Gorefoot, as he's already wearing armor and the two won't stack.

IcyCool

First Post
Sighing as one of his charges goes running into danger, Gorefoot, unwilling to leave Percy alone, draws his sling (and loads it if he can).

Erekose13

Explorer
Outside the Tomb: Surprise + End

[Surprise Round (con't)
Nezrak moves closer to the gnolls launching an arrow into the tree on his left. The arrow punches deep into the gnolls chest, whose yipping turns into more of a grunt. Black blood begins to well up around the wound.

Gorefoot, unwilling to leave his charge draws his sling and loads a sling bullet into it. Even at that distance the stone strikes true, taking the gnoll in the center of it's forehead. The gnoll falls from the tree, blood welling up from broken arrow shaft. Amazed at his success, Gorefoot goes to grab another stone.

Percy points her finger at the gnoll on the right, wagging it in a complex arcane gesture then shouting, "Purple fire." The missiles strike unerringly, searing into the gnoll's flesh. It's yipping becomes more frantic as it watches Rodimus charge.

The half-orc tears across the battlefield, leaps into the air up into the tree. In a phenomenal move of speed, strength, and agility he tackles the mangy gnoll, rolling with the beastial humanoid as they tumble from the tree. Twisting the gnoll in midair he manages to place his knees on the gnoll's chest as they come crashing to the ground. The monk's knees crush the gnoll's chest, caving it in.

[sblock]Rolls not accounted for: Gorefoot's sling - 22 hits, 6 dmg.

IcyCool, does this map work for you? Do you need me to continue to place a copy on my site?

Edit: grammar and spelling[/sblock]

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Assuming the gnolls have both been defeated, Nars moves back to the tomb entrance and carefully scans the area for traps. He points out any symbols or pictographs that he does not understand to Nezrak and Percy.

Remove ads